Chapter 3

***

The big three weren't able to find Y/n until it hit the 12-hour mark. By then, it was mandatory for every student to go to sleep. Till then, the trio hasn't seen the man the next morning. Once the trio and their classmates trudged down the stairs, it was already hard to ignore a huge man leaning on the counter of their kitchen, taking a sip from a cup of coffee. He was in his boxers and wore a black undershirt. Nejire immediately speed up to him and gave him a firm hug on his back.

"Where did you go huh?!" she yelled directly at his ear, her hug getting a bit tighter.

"You didn't come back that night...what did you do?" Tamaki asked as well, obviously concerned about this kind of behavior from their friend.

Then Mirio leaned over the counter as well. "I get you're frustrated too. But, why did you have to leave so late? Good thing you weren't caught!"

"I was. I got a sanction." the huge man replied bluntly upon taking a bite from a glazed donut.

"SEEEEE!" Nejire cried out a bit too loud in Y/n's ear, making him stumble for a bit, still hanging on his back. "YOU EVEN GOT CAUUGHTTT!"

Y/n blinked. "I hear ringing..."

"Hehe...at least it wasn't a severe sanction. Anyway, what did you do?" Mirio continued.

"..." The latter in question took the last bite of his donut. "Nothing. Just...needed to cool myself a bit, I guess."

Then in the end there was this uncomfortable silence that filled the kitchen for a moment until the one who started it, broke it.

"So, fill me in from last time."

Mirio was the one who decided to reply. "Well...we got the police to help us with the search, they'll also help us arrest the bad guys! So uhm...all we have to do now is to wait for them to contact us since they'll figure out the whereabouts of the Shie Hassaikai...then we'll be able to bring back Eri!"

"The police..." Y/n mumbled rather quietly.

Nejire heard him. "Hm? Is there something wrong with the police?"

"N-No. None at all. Let's...Let's just wait for them to contact us. And then, we'll save Eri."

The big three were never sure if Y/n genuinely meant what he said or not. His way of speaking was always monotone and gloomy. But they've gotten used to the way he spoke at some point. It's just that, they were never exactly certain if everything he said was truly genuine. He was still a big question mark for the trio, even after all they'd been through. Either way, they decided to trust in his words.

---

Two days passed, and the big three, Y/n included, received the notification late at night, much to the joy of Mirio and Izuku who were both fired up. 

Later that morning, all of them had to stroll back to the building where they and the heroes had their first meeting. Izuku was with Mirio, Ochaco, Tsyu, and Kirishima in the left-most part of the room, while Nejire and Tamaki were in the middle of the crowd of heroes. As for Y/n, he stood at the corner of the room and listened to those that had a say in the matter.