Chapter 9

The echoes of gunfire, explosions, and constant rumbling shook the current room several men were in. Only a flickering lightbulb illuminated the room as another explosion from afar caused the room to vibrate again, causing a temporary brownout with the single lightbulb eventually flickering back to life. The gunfire doesn't stop however, stray bullets would collide onto the room's roof every minute like heavy raindrops would in a heavy downpour. It would be raining metal every single day. However, the focus was only on these men all collected inside the corroding room. Finally, a man that emerged from the dark that held a photo and some notes in his palm, walked toward another man that so happened to be seated in the middle of the room.

"We found him," he uttered in a dark tone, placing a photo and a couple of ripped papers which were the notes that contained the important info on a table filled with rust and dust.

"..." Another man, with a tall and skinny frame, was seated before the rusting table and viewed the photo with the notes on it. His face was shrouded in the shadows due to the current lighting as he read the notes, his facial features, unknown. "Have you sent her? The girl?"

"We have. She's on the way already as we speak."

The latter nodded. "How much longer?"

"3 hours."

"..." Then the tall lanky figure recoiled from his seat and stood at his full height, looming over the other men in the room with his tall frame. He later cracked his finger, as a result, leading the other six men to leave the room, understanding that the tall man desires to be alone. 

Once in solitude, the man paced around the room for a solid minute before a wide grin smeared his lips. "...how e̶̹̙͛̎͛̈́x̷̢̠̠̽͂͠c̷̛̺̰̠͉͋į̶̫̥͂̓̚ţ̷͍͕̆i̸̞̟̍̍n̸͙͍̏̐́g̷̥̽͗͗̚.

---

Clouds of smoke enveloped Battlefield Gamma as the sound of provoking laughter echoed from within the dust cloud. Metal pipes and other debris crashed onto the ground as the smoke cloud eventually dissipated, revealing Akaza finally back to his consciousness, grinning like a madman. He sat on the back of a downed Bakugo who was screaming and spitting slurs at the man who just smirked down at the angered explosive kid.

"FUCKKK YOUUUU!!!" yelled Bakugo, his blood boiling as his palms sparked. "I'M GONNA RIP YOUR HEAD OFF!!!"

"Beat it, chump," Akaza retorted patting the head of the latter, taunting him further. "Right now, you're just a fly tapping on my shoulder~ If ya wanna beat the fuck outta me, get stronger."