Chapter 4

On that same faithful day, Nighteye passed away with the hero he adores, and the students he cared about, Midoriya and Mirio. But, on that same day, for some uncertain reason, Y/n wasn't there. He was immediately informed about his moderator's condition but did not once show up or leave any letter of appreciation. He did not show up at all. Leading to Izuku's disappointment and losing a bit of respect for Y/n. However, on Nighteye's deathbed, he uttered his last words where All Might, Izuku, and Mirio were present.

"Y/n...he's...special...he's different," he said shakily, coughing. "Promise me that...you guide him..." he added with a hefty sigh. "His mind's...mixed up...filled with emotions and thoughts he locks away so...I do hope...you have the heart...to understand...his...ways..."

Then he smiled one last time. "He's...a good man...he...no..." he then turned to Midoriya and Mirio with the final sparks in his eyes coming to a near end. "You all...will be...great...such fine...heroes.."

And at that very moment, the wind blew away the remnants of his fire, leaving a cold and empty pyre.

---

Once the final settlements were arranged, especially the amount of paperwork that had to be done, Izuku, Kirishima, Ochaco, and Tsyu finally went back to their respective dorms. Of course, they were warmly greeted by their classmates just behind the doors. They missed them, ver much. They inquired about their past experience, wondered if they were still hurting, and asked why they didn't tell their classmates at first. But Lida, the one that was mostly empathetic, intervened, claiming that their friends needed their well-deserved rest.

However, Izuku had something else in mind.

...

Running around the entire UA campus at 12 in the morning, Y/n increases his pace, his whole body sweating profusely as he ran around the campus that night on his 25th round. He breathes in, then exhales, stepping his foot hard onto the ground as he makes one more final sprint, instantly zooming back toward the entrance of his dorm, a small gust of dust fabricated as he made a stop, breathing heavily. Once he finally makes his final round he made one more stretch as he reached for his dorm's door knob, the gentle breeze of the early morning sent shivers down his spine as he grabbed the doorknob and twisted it open. Only to be interrupted by someone calling his name.

"Y/n!" a familiar, high-pitched voice called him out, desperately seeking his attention, the slight huffs from the latter's tone signified that this person chased him around the campus, running as well.

The said man turned his head to meet the student that called his name. 

Izuku Midoriya.

He noticed streaks of green lightning enveloping his figure, his chest heaving as he breathes from his mouth. He stood there on the path towards Y/n's dorm, sweating profusely, still wearing his UA uniform, and placing his hand on the lampost, leaning on his right for support. The greenet gulped when Y/n finally acknowledged him. 

The man spoke first in a stern tone as if his long sprinting routine didn't even faze him. "Your breathing...breathe from your nose, not through your mouth. It'll loosen your lung capacity and lead you to fatigue faster. Take a deep breath from your nose, hold it, then sprint. Do that and you'll run better and last longer. It'll be useful in battles that last."