...Why the hell did I agree to this?

Leaning against the wall, I glanced around this party in the little corner I have now claimed as my own. My only goal tonight; avoid any and every other country and avoid falling victim to a full-blown conversation. I sighed. I should be at home! Sleeping! Anything else to avoid interaction, but noooooooo I just had to be dragged into this party by my damn family. Dad says, Oh, well you need acquaintances, maybe get some friends, or even a love interest, Greenland. Speaking of love interest, I have the perfect one in mind, like just shut the fuck up dad! I don't need friends and I don't need a partner! He keeps trying to get me to date someone because it would help the family off, but it's so... scary. I stared at the drink in my hand, sloshing it around my cup as I stared at my contorted reflection. God, I looked awful. Who would ever love me?

I glanced back up, only to see Iceland walk up to me, looking a bit worried. I took a sip of the drink, cringing at the taste.

"Greenland, you alright? Why are you standing here all alone? Everyone else is in the main hall and you are the only one missing."

I sucked my teeth, "Let me guess, dad sent you because UN is out there, making sure that I arrived?"
"Well yes. UN is a bit annoyed from last time. You didn't come to the last eight parties and well he wants to make sure you are here and not avoiding your duty as a country."
I groaned.
"Dammit..."
I placed the cup down on the floor and kicked it, spilling the red liquid all over the shiny tiled floor.

"Wha- Greenland!"
"Be quiet." I pushed him to the side as I walked past him, heading towards the loud, bright noise that engulfed this damn place.

As I got closer and closer, I began to get lightheaded. It was too much. The noise. The eyes.

I...
I-
Finally, I stumbled into the main area and the silence that loomed over the room struck fear into me. Everyone was watching.

"Ah, there you are, son," Denmark said proudly as he reached over to grab Greenland's arm and pulled him closer to the group, but Greenland didn't budge.

"Greenland. Come on," Denmark said, a bit of seriousness hinted in his voice.
Greenland just stared at everyone and finally budged, moving with his father.

"So this is him, huh? Finally, I get to see you. How have you been, Greenland?"
Greenland glanced upwards as UN stood right in front of him, causing Greenland to tightly fist his hands, his fingernails piercing at the soft flesh of his palms.

UN just stood there, waiting for an answer, but Greenland stood his ground, trying to not be intimidated. He was tired of this bullshit. Why was UN so damn interested in him?

"Hm, how rude."
"Excuse him, UN. He just isn't in the mood to speak it seems. But don't worry, after tonight he will get back to speaking with everyone else here."
"Mhm. Well if you say so." UN then walked off, a bit of annoyance written on his face, but Greenland could give less of a damn.

"What was that all about, Greenland?" Denmark shook Greenland by the shoulders.
"Don't you ever do that in front of the United Nations, you hear me?"

Greenland just glared and Denmark sighed. "Listen... I know this is hard for you. It's hard for me as well, but you can't just keep hiding. You need to interact with others. Become a great country and overall, a great person, can you do that for me, son?"

Greenland finally sighed. And he began to laugh, "Do you really think I am that stupid dad? I know what you want. You finally brought me here because someone is going to propose to me, isn't it?" Denmark sighed, "It's for the greater good-"

"Don't tell me that bullshit again-"
"Greenland-"
"You don't care. You never did. None of you have! All you want is to use me for your benefit. I don't belong to anyone!"

The murmuring between other countries stopped as they were now focused on the arguments unfolding.

"Can't you just listen to me for once!?"
A loud slap echoed through the hall as others gasped and some covered their mouths.

Greenland's eyes were wide as his face burned from the slap he had just received from his dad. He gently placed a hand over his face and touched it, feeling the pain worsen.
Denmark's hand was still out, he was breathing hard and finally noticed what he had done. He lowered his hand and went to him, "Greenland, let me see-"

"So, I see how it is..." Greenland was filled with anger. He grabbed a nearby bottle of champagne and slammed it against the wall, nearly hitting his father. The glass shards scattered around onto the floor as people gasped in fear.

"This was all a trick. The fancy location, the drinks, the clothes, and the cake I saw in the back..."

Iceland reached over towards him but Greenland slapped his hand away.
"I am done here. Goodnight to all of you." He said as he stormed off, leaving all the guests in surprise and in shock.

UN and the other world leaders watched from the balcony as the situation unfolded.
"Well, that was a disaster." UN glanced over to see America, leaning against the wall. He sighed as he swung a ring around his finger, "I was looking forward to using this."

Greenland slammed the backdoor open as he walked out, taking a sharp turn into an alleyway.

"Fuck them all..."
He finally let the emotions rush out as tears streamed down his face.
"I am not going back home tonight..."