8

"Ugh, I'm so glad you can go back home now. I don't have to get dragged here every day anymore..." Sweden sighed in relief until he was elbowed hard by Norway and nodded over to Denmark, warning him to shut up or they will not hear the end of it from Denmark's lectures and rants.

"Yeah..." Greenland sighed in relief as well since he didn't have to be surrounded by pure white walls and hear the screams of those in pain in other rooms down the hall at this hospital. Also he hated to admit this, but he missed Denmark's cooking because the food here wasn't as great.

Although he was happy to get out of here, he wasn't so excited to get back home and resume the events he is being forced to walk towards. He didn't want anyone to guide him down a life he doesn't want.

"Come on Greenland, we should get going." Denmark turned over to face him as he finished signing some paperwork to release Greenland from the hospital.

"Yeah yeah, I'm going." Greenland grabbed his jacket and followed the others out of the patient room he was held at before turning to face down the hall.

"Hey uhm, can you guys wait a bit? I have to go to the bathroom." Greenland asked to which Sweden responded by giving him a thumb ups.

He had some unfinished business to get to.
He walked down the hall, peering thru other rooms and even files hanging on the doors to look for the person who saved his life.

Just as he reached the end of the hall, he hadn't found him.
He would keep searching, but he didn't want to get dragged out by security for breaching the privacy of other patients.

He then walked back to where the others were waiting, realizing that they were talking amongst themselves and not paying attention. He could escape and go back with League, but he decided against it since it didn't feel right to take advantage of a stranger he had just recently met.

"Okay," he sighed, "We can go now."

Denmark, Norway, and Finland began to make their way out of the hospital while Sweden and Iceland stayed behind as they both realized Greenland wasn't moving.

"Green?"
Greenland didn't notice them as he turned over to the receptionist, "Excuse me. Where is Antarctica? I was brought in on the same day as him."

"Well let me check," the man behind the desk said as he began to type away at his keyboard and pulled up the file.

"Oh, the critical conditioned one... Well, he is currently in the process of surgery-"
"What?" Greenland slammed against the desk before regaining himself and calming down.
"Yeah, those wounds were very critical and needed to get treated right away. He is able to heal on their own, but it would take long and something could always go wrong so it's better to be safe than sorry."

Greenland took a deep sigh, trying his best to not lose his shit. He caused this and god, the guilt felt so heavy within him that he felt like he was drowning all over again.

"Do you know when he will be able to receive visitors?"
The man shook his head, "It will be long before he can see anyone. Right now, they're focused on getting him back in stable condition. Sorry."

Iceland listened carefully while Sweden kept watch, only to realize Denmark was coming back for them.

"Well, here he comes." Sweden turned over to see Greenland still thinking about what to say, but he knew none of them wanted to hear Denmark argue with them all very early in the morning.

"Okay, we really should get going. Thank you!" Iceland said to the receptionist before holding Greenland's hand and dragging him outside to face Denmark.

"What took so long?"
"Just needed to ask a few more questions. Nothing big." Iceland said as they all began to walk back towards the car.

Just then, Greenland noticed Germany's car still parked where they have all have left it.
They're still here?
Greenland walked a bit close to the car to see no one was inside. Maybe they're waiting somewhere else? He kept walking but gave a quick glance around to see no signs of them.

Antarctica is fine, they're there for him... but... but what about me..?

.
.
.

The car ride wasn't that bad. There was some small conversation, but Greenland wasn't speaking. He used the excuse that he was just extremely tired and needed to rest, but in reality, he was trying to plan out how to escape the life that was meeting him back at the end of the car ride, but also how he could make it up to Antarctica.

He placed his hands into his jacket's pockets, only to feel cold metal. "Wh..?" He pulled whatever out whatever it was, only to be met with a harsh jingle of keys.

It took him a while to process until it hit him.
Germany's car keys.

"Shit."

He groaned as he realized he basically stole Germany's car keys. How the hell were they supposed to get back home? Also, he never saw them back at the hospital so maybe they had to walk back?

He just felt more miserable that he kept ruining things for others. He shoved the keys back into his pocket and kept quiet, staring out the window, thinking about how to fix this.

But in the meantime, all he could do was stay quiet and plot.