FUCK! WHY WAS IT SO DAMN COLD TONIGHT!?

Greenland shivered as he walked down the streets of the city. There were a few people outside, but it was so late that there was barely anyone. That also meant there were no stores available for him to use. He groaned as his favorite local bakery shop was closed. He took out his phone to see...

37 MISSED CALLS!?

He was about to turn his phone completely off, only for another call to come through. It was from Finland, the only family member who somewhat understood him since they were kinda basically the same. He thought for a bit.

Should I answer? Maybe I was being dramatic? ...

Finally, the call went directly to voicemail. He didn't even bother opening it because he already knew what they were going to say. Greenland then looked at the time.

2:28 A.M.

Stupid party took more than six hours. Another call was coming in so he groaned as he opened up the back of his phone and took off the SIM card, tossing it in a nearby trash bin.

Stupid thing.

He continued walking aimlessly until the realization hit him. He needed a place to stay. And also he was a country so he couldn't just mingle with normal humans because he would stick out like a sore thumb and he couldn't go back because he would definitely be in more trouble than he already is in.

He was about to head toward a bus stop when he noticed a bridge. He hesitated a bit but then decided to open his wallet to check how much money he had. "Maybe I can get a room at a nearby hotel?" He looked around, only to realize he ended up in a really shady neighborhood.

Perfect. He can go missing here for a while...

"They can panic for all I care, I won't marry some random ass motherfucker." He walked over to the bridge and leaned against the rails to see the huge waves underneath him. It looked really deep and the waters were so pitch black it almost looked like tar.

"Hmm..." He was having second thoughts, but he just shoved them away from his main focus and just focused on the water beneath him. It was almost very calming.

He then heard a loud sickening crack as he noticed he was leaning way too close on the edge.
"WHA-!?" Greenland tried to get back his balance but stumbled over, only for a hand to pull him from his shirt collar.

Greenland gagged and coughed as he was being choked, but it was better than plummeting into the waters down below.

"D-Dammit..." Greenland turned around and saw another country?
Was it a country? Hell, it didn't have the same requirements that a normal country has. This stranger was much bigger and he had never seen him before in country-based meetings the United Nations planned. The flag was so strange as well. Blue on the outside with a white weird shape in the middle?

"G-Give me a second... I am going to pull you back..."

A loud screech interrupted the moment and Greenland's pupils darted around to figure out where or what caused the noise. He finally noticed that the stranger was holding onto the broken railing which began to fold under the pressure.

Finally, the railing gave out and Greenland screamed as he reached out for the stranger.
But it was too late...
They were both falling.

Greenland looked at the stranger who looked back at him. He was scared. They were both scared. Before they could hit the waters, the stranger held onto Greenland, holding him tightly close to him as they finally hit the dark waters and sank.

Why did this all happen...?
Is it because of me...?
I shouldn't have ran away...
Now I am going to die...
And he is going to die because of me...

The cold waters caused them both to go into temperature shock and they were unable to move.

Guess this is it...

Before Greenland could submit to the darkness, he looked up, the lights shining from the lampposts down onto the water's surface.

Then he saw someone peek over the railing.
And they jumped.

The last thing Greenland would see is a pair of wings unfurling from the figure as they got closer and closer.

The angel was ready to drag him to hell...

"Dammit!"