pure adoration

celeste stared at him for a moment, letting his words sink in. acknowledging, processing, understanding-

her cheeks that had already been flushed with color grew ablaze with a rekindled flame. she didn't know what to do, torn between wanting to hide her face or distancing herself from him.

but she was frozen.

stuck staring at him with realizing, wonder, and embarrassment.

how does he just-

she wanted to ask him so many things, call him out, yell at him for saying such things. her mouth opened to say anything, but all that came out was a small-

"oh."

luka's smile was still just as warm and gentle as it had been, but now she could see it.

it was so incredibly fond and loving. that was look she had seen her parents give each other when she was younger, a look she saw them give to her brother.

once upon a time that had looked at her like that.

she had been in casual relationships before, but never had a partner lookerd at her like luka was at that moment. never had she reacted I'm such a way either, or felt the way she did, or...

"oh..." she breathed out, understanding. the feelings she felt had a name. "you...to me?"

"yeah," he laughed, but it was soft and shy- it was one she had heard before but hadn't known the implications. "i have so many reasons. from your violet eyes, to your bubblegum pink hair. the stray stray strands of your hair whenever you've rushed to school, the loose braids i redo for you." celeste's eyes were wide as he went on, it was like everything he had kept to himself was finally flowing out and she was overwhelmed. "your melody that is so soft and yet so strong that moved me beyond anything i have ever felt. you care so much for your brother and friends, your habits or endearing. i-"

celeste cupped his cheeks with calloused hands that spoke stories, and cut him off.

she closes her eyes as she leaned in and pressed her lips gently to his.

luka paused, held his breath for a moment before sinking in to it. he brought his free hand to put his hand over on of hers.

it was just a press of the lips, a gentle peck only lasting a moment before she pulled back.

both theirs eyes fluttered open, their cheeks tinted and celeste smiled in a way he had never seen before.

"i have never heard you say so much at one time," she murmured, "i couldn't get a word in."

"i'm sorry," he whispered.

"don't be. it made me realize."

"realize what?"

she leaned to rest her forehead against his, closing her eyes and breathing in.

"how much i've come to adore you."

‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵