violet eyes

the air was brisk, though, the sun made it just warm enough to be a pleasurable temperature. it was a nice afternoon in paris, and was about to get better with lunch break coming. right on cue, the bell rings, signaling their hour long lunch, and students quickly filtered out of their classrooms and scattered around campus.

luka chuckles at something marinette rambles about as they walk to the usual spot their group flocks together at.

adrien soon joins, along with alya and nino, his sister coming over with rose. they all idly chat, eating their food and cracking jokes, and luka takes a moment to observe the scene around him.

his friends.

turning to pay attention to marinette complaining about their physics assignment, adrien offering to help her, and watching her silently freak out. her eyes flickered to luka, then away again, a look a guilt coming across her face.

ah, yes.

marinette had let him down gently, a month ago. he was disappointed, yes, but he knew from the beginning that her heart yearns for another.

but he would never hold that against her, and he still cares for her deeply.

and maybe it will take a little bit of help for him to rid of these feelings towards her, but he would learn.

a flash of violet behind marinette catches his attention, briefly, and his eyes flicker up to it out of curiosity. bubblegum pink bangs frame the observant eyes of a girl across the room, hair tied up into a neat bun. his lips part in surprise at the stark difference in her eye and hair color, but it was oddly captivating.

he watches her eyes flutter across each of the people in his group, tilting her head when falling on adrien and marinette.

people walked past where she sat on the bench against the wall, none seemed to pay any mind to her. it was almost as if...she wasn't even there.

her eyes flicker over to him, and sees her face contort into surprise, brows lifting ever so slightly. her cheeks flush pink in embarrassment from being caught.

he couldn't look away.

but she did.

turning her head, she shouldered her bag and stood from her seat, doing a once over of the room before making her exit.

"luka?" his head snapped back towards his group, juleka frowning in worry, "we called your name a couple times, are you okay?"

"i'm fine, juleka, really. was just lost in my thoughts," he assured, waving it off.

"what were you looking at?" adrien leaned over to get a better view from his angle, but there was now nothing (no one) where he was once staring off at.

"i just saw someone over at that bench," he admitted, "i just...have never seen her before."

"well, what did she look like?" marinette probed, taking a bite of her sandwich. everyone nods, each making a comment that they'll help figure out who it is.

"well she had bubblegum pink hair, and violet eyes. sound familiar to any of you?"

there was a silent pause, as everyone looked at each other, brows furrowed.

bubblegum pink hair?

violet eyes?

they've never seen anyone with violet eyes unless they've been akumatized.

"luka...i don't think any of us knows who you're talking about."

huh.

he glanced back to where she once sat, then around the area but unable to find her anywhere.

'how curious.'

he didn't notice the violet eyes above them, glancing over the rail before turning on her heel and scurrying over to the comfort of the art classroom.

she promised nathaniel she'd be his muse for his water color portrait.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

thoughts?