stray strands

nathaniel did not expect to be confronted so early in the morning. he had just arrived to school, a little too early as he usually did, heading to the art room to decide weather to work with watercolors again today or try out a different type.

but the moment he entered the art room, there was something off. there was someone already inside, staring at his painting of her.

"luka?" he called curiously, thoughts wandering to why the older would be here so early. he must have left without juleka, and they normally arrived together. he watched the other turn to him.

"nathaniel," luka nodded his head, "the girl you painted. who is she?"

the red-head blinked, "huh?"

"her!" he pointed to the painting he had created the other day with his friend as his muse. "i have seen her every where and all i want to know is who she is!"

nathaniel was not used to this, luka was always calm and collected. "uh, she's—cel—i—" his mind blanked so his body decided to act accordingly to his nerves.

he ran.

the moment she steps into the doors, nathaniel rushes over to her with a panic which immediately worried her. nathaniel was the one and only friend she had after she changed and seeing him like this worried her.

"nathaniel?" she gripped his shoulder, "are you okay?"

"someone is looking for you—i-i just r-ran from him," he stutters over his reply, breathing quickly. she immediately tensed, eyes narrowing as she squeezed her friend's shoulder. 

"was he trying to hurt you? threaten you?"

"no, no, not at all! he's a friend. i just froz-"

"nathaniel, wait!" she turned at the sound of the voice calling out to her friend, "i am so sorry, i didn't mean to—"

teal clashed with violet and nathaniel shrunk behind her because okay, wow, this is rather intense.

"you," luka released a breath. he watched her defensive stance in front of nathaniel relax but she raised an eyebrow at him, looking displeased at the current situation, and tucked a stray strands of hair behind her ear. he noted that it was down today, and her outfit was that of pastels and soft colors.

"yeah, me," she drawled, tilting her head. "i'm told you're looking for me."

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵