but wait

it wasn't sudden.

the more he kept going on about what he likes about her, the more she realized what she liked about him. he had grown to be more than just a friend to her, she didn't know when it happened, but the feelings she had were not new. she just hadn't know how or where to place them.

there had been times where she would catch her heart beating faster at the prospect of seeing him. being with him, close proximity, and affectionate interactions had something in her fluttering in what she could only figure at the time was happiness.

but it wasn't just that.

he kept going, he was going on and on about the things he liked about her and damn it she couldn't get a word in.

before, celeste had wondered how it was that he was able to say things so easily to her, and she realized, 'oh, this is how.'

her movements were without hesitation as her hands moved up to cup his cheeks- careful.

gentle.

loving.

she closed the small gap between them, closing her eyes.

a gentle press of their lips.

celeste didn't know that love could be so soft. she knew it to be fond, and caring- but this type of love...yes, this type of love she hadn't experienced yet.

it was true.

celeste pulled back, slowly. she wanted to kiss him more, but she wanted luka to know. she had to tell him, just as he had told her.

so she did.

he hummed and the crease of his eyes crinkled as he smiled, "just adore me, huh?"

"not just adore," celeste countered, firm and ready to tell him how she feels. "luka, i l-"

"luka? celeste? are you guys still in there?" the voice of rose called from down the hall. they both jumped, sitting up quickly but with how they had been cuddled, their legs were still entagled together which caused them to flail to regain some semblance of balance.

luka rolled them over in time to not fall off the cot, bracing himself on the bed with his arms beside her head.

"oh." 

the quiet exclamation came from them both at the new position they found themselves in. however both their heads snapped to attention when the door to the nurses office opened and they were now aware of just how many footsteps came with rose.

both their faces flushed at the thought of being caught in such a precarious position (which was a complete accident but not entirely unwelcomed) had luka spinning around to swing his legs off the cot into a more casual position and celeste sitting up, her legs criss-cross and hands in her lap.

the curtain was drawn, and they looked up to their group of friends with feigned surprise.

"oh, hey guys," luka smiled at them, "were you looking for us?"

"uh, yeah," juleka looked between the two of them, "class is about to start."

adrien nodded, "we got worried when you guys still hadn't come back, so we came looking for you."

"lunch is over? huh," celeste reclined back, seeing some of them wince at the bruising and bandages. she had almost forgot about those. "i was thinking of just leaving for the day anyways, seems too much of a hassle to stay at this point."

"d-ditching? you're going to ditch?" marinette looked at her in concern. "you definitely shouldn't! we explained to the teachers what happened, and we'll keep people trying to pry away!"

celeste's mouth dropped open just slightly.

she hadn't really wanted these people to be her friends. she grew used to their company, enjoying their banter while hanging out with luka, but she hadn't thought she had grown close with anyone.

perhaps they had wanted to befriend her, though.

celeste cracked a grin before she threw her head back to laugh. the group seemed surprised at the burst of laughter they had never heard from her before, and luka eyed her warmly.

"ya know, marinette," she stood up carefully from the cot, meeting marinette's eyes for the first time without any hostility.

"you aren't half bad. i'd 'ppreciate it, if ya don't mind."

‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵