purple bruises

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

when celeste finally arrived, it was well into lunch time. 

they all sat in the court yard, eating, chatting, all was fine until rose shot up out her seat with a gasp. they all turned to her, seeing her eyes wide and already brimming with tears. juleka stood as well, latching on to her friend's (read: girlfriend's) hand, her free hand coming up to cover mouth in shock.

the world seemed to slow down when luka turned his head, celeste walked up to them, and he could see now why rose and juleka reacted as they did. there were many heads turned in the pinkette's direction, whispering, pointing, and luka knows that it must be driving celeste crazy.

but it was the reason as to why.

luka stumbled as he pushed himself up from his seat, grabbing celeste by her shoulders. the girl hissed, and smacked his hands off of her and drew an arm back to punch whoever touched her. she froze when she realized what she did, and immediately relaxed, meeting luka's eyes.

her pink hair was down, but it was messy, there were some red in there, along with some dirt. there was a giant purple bruise at the corner of her mouth that spread to her cheek, her bottom lip was split, there were tears on her hoodie and leggings, and through the tears, there were cuts. from her hoodie's wide neck, they could all see more bruises peeking out from beneath the material.

"what happened to you?" he hissed, voice low so that only she could hear, assessing her form for anymore damage without pushing for physical contact again. celeste shrugged, but winced at the action, left hand coming up to grasp her right shoulder.

"just ran inta' some old pals o' mine," she muttered, her tone giving away that the people that did this were not her friends. "said some shit, fought, i won, and now i'm here." she let out a sigh in resignation, "hi."

"yeah, hi, we're going to the nurse," he grabbed her hand and began tugging her to the nurse's  office. "juleka, take care of my guitar, please."

"okay..." his sister rasped, still gaping at the mess of a girl.

"what- what could have happened to her?" marinette finally gasped out once the two were out of earshot, and even the other students around them seemed to burst into chatter about their newest friend. 

"she looked like she got mugged," alix quipped, before leaning in, her voice dropping as she shared, eyes darting around to make sure no one was eavesdropping, "from what i've heard on the streets, celeste used to run 'em."

"run them?" adrien questioned, not understanding what the the phrase meant. ah, the life of a sheltered boy. they all turned to nathaniel who jerked back at the sudden attention on him, he ducked his head down and fidgeted.

"celeste doesn't like being judged on what she used to do," he squeaked, deflating a bit as he recalled the time where she told him about herself. about it all. "it's not my place to tell her story. it's...it's pretty rough."

"but she did run the streets, right? rumor was that she was top dog," alix pushed, making nathaniel squirm as she leaned in closer. he hesitated, before nodding. 

those who knew the name sucked in a breath.

top dog was name that hadn't been heard of in a while. they had disappeared from the streets without a trace as to where they went.

and now, it seems, they had found the missing leader of what had been the most organized gang paris had ever seen.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵