loose braids

luka begins to drift from his group in the middle on conversations, something catching his attention before he wanders off with a quick 'see you later' thrown their way. it didn't bother them at first but now it was just so frequent and he never offered an explanation for his sudden departures that they were beginning to get curious.

it had been a few days since the last akuma attack and luka has stopped showing up to their group meet-up during lunch. he still arrives in the morning and says his goodbyes after school...but now he's just completely gone from lunch.

"juleka," marinette called, glancing around the room to see if she could catch sight of their friend, "do your know where luka has been going during lunch?"

juleka frowned, shaking her head, "i have no idea. i brought it up at home and he said that he made a new friend."

"oh," she pursed her lips, nodding. "why doesn't he just tell us that, then?"

a shrug was all the response she gets causing marinette to frown. she wasn't mad or jealous, but she was a little...upset at luka. he practically ditched them for this new friend of his.

what was so good about them anyways? surely he couldn't have gotten attached so quickly.

juleka glanced up towards the art room where she had seen her brother enter earlier before anyone else had arrived.

nathaniel enjoyed drawing different moments that his friend's shared in their bonding time, capturing the memories on paper. he was excited to draw different emotions and actions from celeste, as she never knew what to do by herself before.

luka braided her hair quietly with a soft smile. nathaniel glanced up at them every now and then as he sketched the calming scene in front of him.

celeste had apparently braided her hair this morning, two long braids had rested over her shoulders and down her front. as the day went on, the more frazzled they became though she paid no mind to their state of disarray.

by the time lunch rolled around her braids were much too loose and pulling out from the hair ties that held whatever was left together.

she had entered the art room slouched over and exhausted. after she took her seat, she folded her arms and rested her head on them and closed her eyes. it didn't take long for her to fall asleep.

luka had taken some time to observe her, eyes roaming her attire for the day. a pastel blue sweater with a giant paw print on the front, black leggings and black flats. after a moment he relocated to set next to her and carefully undid the tangles of hair and nearly wrestles the hair ties out of the strands.

running his fingers through to help with smoothing it out he took his time to appreciate the soft strands and wondered briefly if she had dyed her hair this color of pink.

nathaniel watched the exchange with an endearing smile the whole time and focused on his sketch.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵