awkward smile

she shifted awkwardly beside luka as she let herself be known to his group of friends. she was dressed nicely today she supposed, since she had gotten up with time. today she was in a black and white (horizontal) striped shirt that was tucked into her high waisted sea-foam green shorts. her feet were covered by glossy black platform oxfords (which aided her in height).

a confident look chosen by her little brother who was better at fashion than she was. 

(after her lifestyle change she had decided to let him take over her closet, which explained all the soft colors. 

"pretty girls need to wear pretty colors, celeste!")

"hey guys," luka greeted the group warmly, the replies he received were enthused and excited to see him. there were also greetings tossed to nathaniel who also voiced his good morning.

they didn't seem to notice her at first until adrien's eyes landed on her suddenly and he seemed to blink to make sure she was actually there. he smiled and she returned it with a much smaller and awkward one.

it probably came out as a grimace than a smile.

"luka, is this the new friend you were talking about?" adrien questions, and then all eyes were on her. she almost let herself walk away to disappear into the student body but luka rested a hand on her lower back to stop her. she resisted the urge to kick him in the shin.

"yes! these are my friends adrien, marinette, ivan, rose, and my little sister juleka. guys, meet celeste."

celeste huffed out a breath, "hi."

marinette's eyes sparkled with interest as she took in her outfit, "i love your outfit- wow!"

celeste's chest puffs with pride, squaring her shoulders she smiles brightly, "i'll be sure to let my brother know, it'll make his day."

"your brother chose your clothes?" adrien questions, seemingly surprised. celeste nods and looks down at her feet.

marinette frowned as celeste's cheeks flush and nearly mistakes it as her being flustered from talking with adrien, which would be a definite problem, if not for the sheepish chuckle that came from the other, "my fashion sense is kind of...non-existent."

they all laugh at the confession and celeste's lips twitch, feeling warm with this nice group.

her eyes dart down to adrien's ring and marinette's earrings before quickly looking away as juleka expressed her interest on her ear piercings.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵