her melody

her voice was much different than he had expected. with how she dressed, he had thought that she would a softer voice like rose or sabrina. her words were clipped and straight to the point, though it almost seemed forced. like she wasn't used to being respectful.

"yes," he nodded, "i have been looking for you."

she tilted her head, seemingly interested, "why?"

luka opened his mouth but stopped short, unable to give a valid reason to his actions other than he wanted  to find her. his face flushed when he realized how that would sound and cleared his throat.

"i-it's rather...stupid now that i think about it," he admitted. hearing this caused her lips to twitch up into a smile. 

"i'll be the judge of that," she crossed her arms, now finding amusement in the situation, she turned to nathaniel who was watching the exchange with wide eyes. "go ahead to the art room, yeah? i'll meet you up before class if i can."

he nodded quickly and scurried off back upstairs to find solace in his art. she watched him until he disappeared through the doors before her eyes flutter back to luka's. again, he was stuck in place in awe with how striking the hues were, so vibrant and open.

"so?" she piped up, readjusting her bag's straps. "you wanna go sit somewhere?"

they sat at the top of the stairs at the front of the school, set their belongings to their sides before luka began his (ridiculous) explanation.

she threw her head back and released a cackle, her shoulders shook with the force of her laughter. she wheezed for a moment, glancing at luka once again who covered his eyes with his hand as he chuckled at his self as well. this sent her into another round of laughter.

"s-so you have been searching h-high and low like a madman because of your curiosity?" she stuttered as she tried to steady her breathing. "well, i've gotta say i'm flattered!" 

luka looked at her in wonder, noticing that her speech had changed, like a twang of an accent. 

"i can't ignore someone who's eyes speak more than their heart," he admitted which earned him a confused glance. "normally i can hear the melody of a person's heart, their emotions, and play it on my guitar," he pats the case that he had set to the side, "but yours is quiet, i can't hear it at all. but when i see your eyes, then i hear it."

her face flushed, and okay, wow, that was a sight to see. she cleared her throat and turned away from him to look ahead.

"and what does it sound like?" she probed. luka smiled and unzipped his guitar case, and bringing out his most prized possession. taking out his pick, and turned towards her.

"can you look at me?"

she hesitated, huffed petulantly then returned to facing him and met his eyes, and there, he heard it. he could not look away, staring into the deep depths of her violet eyes and strummed the chords. the melody was somber, full of guilt and regret, soft during the beginning before growing strong and bold. it was full of promise. for what, he couldn't tell, but he heard something else.

fear.

her eyes glistened in awe as she listened but eventually turned into un-shed tears. he stopped playing, brows furrowed in concern.

"how do you do that?" she chuckled and brought her arms to dab at her eyes with the sleeves of her sweater to dry the tears before they fell. "that's amazing."

his lips quirked into a small smile, remembered how marinette asked her the same thing when he first played her song as well. he shook his head to rid the thoughts and instead set his guitar back in its case.

his gaze settled for what was in front of him, catching sight of some students heading over for school and realized that they might have been talking for longer than he had thought. returning to look at her, who was already looking at him, her head propped up by her knuckles.

"here i thought being noticed would be annoying, but i guess it ain't so bad."

ah, there it was again. the twang.

"can i finally know the name of the girl who i noticed, then?" he teased.

she laughed, the corner of her eyes crinkled and the her cheeks flushed with a rosy pink.

"my name is celeste," she introduced, "celeste la bella."

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵