bubblegum hair

he spent the next couple of days searching for her, but to no avail. the others kept an eye out, though, only care back with the same results.

it was like this girl was a ghost. no one seemed to know who he was talking about, and was beginning to believe that she was nothing but a figment of his imagination.

it wasn't until a couple days later that his theory was thrown away immediately when he saw her again, a few days later. this time, her hair is what caught his attention. before, it was in a bun, but today it was cascading past her shoulders and down to mid-back.

bubblegum strands fluttered behind her as she strode through the entrance, if anything, she looked a bit frazzled. probably woke up late and didn't bother to fix herself.

he noticed that she weaved through the crowd of students easily, no one sparing her a glance as she yawns. her eyes flutter about the room curiously, taking note of different things and people, ears picking up on light conversations, and quiet ones that shouldn't be heard by others.

she stops walking, her eyes meeting his once again. her brows pull together in confusion, tilting her head again, after catching him looking at her.

he raises a hand in a small wave, timid, unsure of where he falls in her perspective. luka knows he dresses...alternatively, and quite the opposite of the girl with violet eyes and bubblegum hair.

her lips pull into a small smile, though hesitant, and return a tiny wave to him, before walking behind a group.

he blinks, trying to follow her, but—

she's gone.

"huh," he breathes, trying to understand what just happened. she should have emerged from behind the group, if she was walking past them. eyeing the group, there wasn't a spot of bubblegum hair.

she just...vanished.

"weird."

"what is?" he looks back to his friends, his own group being tucked against the wall in the early morning before class. rose smiles gently at him, having noticed his distracted gaze across the room. while not knowing what he was looking at, she could definitely tell it really garnered his attention.

"oh, nothing, rose. was just thinking."

she knew it wasn't true, giggling, "okay."

she leans against the wall, violet eyes narrowed in his direction, not knowing what to make of this development. her gaze was anything but hostile, more observant and cautious. she blows a strand of hair out of her face, annoyed that she didn't have a spare hair tie.

"so it wasn't a one-time fluke," she muttered, her voice laced with disbelief, "he noticed me...?"

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵