soft colors

if anyone had asked her if she would be wearing these soft colors a two years ago she would have laughed in their face before punching them. she wasn't always the way she was, not many people knew that. what they believe is that she moved away but in reality, she had simply changed.

she was always angry. not at anyone in particular, but simply at the world. after her little brother was put risk because of her she decided that she needed to make some lifestyle and attitude changes. her interests were essentially the same, but she began to see beauty and everything rather than remaining ignorant to everything around her.

she cleaned herself up, her style now depended on her mood (or how late she woke up). her attitude depended on how some treats her. everything about her now followed the rules of cause and effect.

and most of all, she went to all the people she used to get into fights with, shocking them with her change of image and apologized respectfully and begged for them not to go looking for her again. lots were skeptical, others mockingly laughed, and some just accepted that she had grown up.

she was just a kid compared to them, after all.

"you look pretty today," her brother complimented shyly as she walked with him to drop him off at his school, hand in hand. she smiled as she glanced down at her striped pastel pink and white sweater and her soft yellow skirt. white socks and taupe shoes adorned her feet.

"thanks munchkin," they stopped walking as they reached his school, and she squats carefully and give him a hug, "now be careful, and don't do anything i would have done you little rascal." ruffling his hair, he giggled while squirming away and ran toward the building with a wave. she waited until he entered before heading to school.

she changed so that she could protect her baby brother. she blended into the background so that no one would notice or care for her.

but if a day were to come where she had to shift back into old habits, for her brother-- image be damned-- she would not go down without a fight.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵