Honour, loyalty, truth and unity

Returning to the Grangers' home was like a new day for Harry: now that he knew the truth behind his mysterious heritage and the fact that he was more than a Lord, but a rank of Holy Knight, the young wizard actually began to wonder how and why nobody could have suspected this beforehand and why he, as the aforementioned Knight, was never told the truth about his family.

At his side, her hand in his, her ring shining in the afternoon light, Hermione was almost sharing the same thoughts as her boyfriend, her own mind now driven by an urge to research and find out as much as she could about the Holy Knights, particularly her role as the Holy Knight of Ocean. What she did know was that, despite being recognised as one of the Knights, her authority was lesser to that of Harry's as she was what the legacy called an Anointed One while Harry was a Pure Knight, a son and descendant of the lineage of the Holy Knights.

She and Harry, with some help from the Potter Codex, also learned that their titles were more than titles: aside from the authority and ownership of the Holy Sword, Harry would also be able to command the storm elements as well as the power of lightning and the power of each known type of storm: firestorms, hailstorms, rainstorms, tsunamis, typhoons, thunderstorms and even the power of the tornado, which, in hindsight, gave him control over each of the four lesser elements of earth, wind, fire and water.

Hermione, on the other hand, would have full control over water and the creatures within it; she would also be able to call on the power of ice, steam and vapour to coalesce into water. It was also revealed that she had now inherited the skill to survive underwater without the need for gills or any water-based spells and, when combined with Harry's power, could call on the force of the maelstrom and create waves of water from the moisture around them.

Both Knights also discovered that the jewels used in their rings were a clear sign of their true affinity: Hermione's diamond meant that she would be strong of heart and true of knowledge while Harry's emerald, being the same colour as his eyes, meant that he would bear the power and that his magic would be as strong and protective as was his streak for Hermione.

'If knowledge is power,' thought Harry as they turned into the drive outside the Grangers' home, 'Then it's no surprise that Hermione and I fit together so well. She is the Knight of Knowledge and I am the Knight of Power; together, we fit so well that we may as well be two pieces of a jigsaw puzzle: she is mine and I am hers: knowledge is power and power is knowledge and…would you look at me, I'm rambling in thought.' He then chuckled to himself as he climbed out of the car, 'Merlin help me, I'm starting to sound like Hermione.'

Opening the front door, Harry found both he and Hermione the recipients of a welcome-back tongue bath as Padfoot leapt upon them, pleased to see the return of his owners while, within the beast, the second side to Padfoot could sense that his pup was so much stronger and could now have his own life.

Once Padfoot was removed from their chests, Harry and Hermione could only laugh as the young Lord helped his girlfriend to her feet, before he turned and called out, "Emma, we're home."

"In the kitchen Harry," came the reply, Harry sighing to himself as he realised Emma must be trying to hide the earlier-planned party – what gave it away was the flash of red from the doorway indicating the presence of the Weasleys.

Moving into the kitchen, Harry had barely pushed the door open before a large amount of voices called out, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRY!"

With a smile, and amidst some indoor magical poppers that sprayed the young couple with streamers and confetti, Harry looked around the room: sure enough, the first people he noticed were the Weasleys, the youngest son looking like he was more concerned with the Muggle party food than the birthday boy. Next to Mr Weasley was none other than Amelia Bones, who simply smiled and inclined her head to Harry, before she shrugged her shoulders, revealing the Potter Family Crest on her left shoulder, the phoenix and lightning bolt crest that Harry had designed obviously now designated as his official crest.