The final showdown

Harry's body spun through the emptiness of the air with centrifugal force, the Arch-Knight coming to a rather painful landing on the ground outside the maze; as soon as he landed, however, the schools had all cheered and Harry noticed Hermione running towards him: she barely got three inches from him, before a pair of strong arms pinned Harry to the ground again, his grunts of complaint being unheard as Excalibur was torn from his side.

"What?" asked the stunned voice of Amelia Bones, "What's going on here?"

"This is none of your concern Minister," a cold, but familiar voice hissed, Harry's rage suddenly growing again as he recognised the old fool. "We have had reports of the Avada Kedavra used in the maze and the source of that magic was none other than Harry here."

"Bullshit!" snapped Harry, trying to rise against the force of whoever or whatever was pinning him to the ground, "Amelia: check my wand; ask me for an oath; you know I have my rights!"

"I'm afraid not Harry," sneered another familiar voice, Harry then looking up into the face of Cornelius Fudge, who was close to laughing as he explained, "Witnessed use of the Unforgivables plus the death of an old family member warrants life in Azkaban!"

"Old fam…" Harry began, but stopped when, at the edge of his vision, he caught sight of a stretcher being rolled out of the maze, a familiar head of red hair lying still and unmoving upon it. "Oh you senile deluded old bastard," he snarled, "You actually think this will get me back on your side?"

"Of course not Harry," Dumbledore answered, now approaching Harry and, extending his hand, taking Excalibur from the guard that had stripped the blade from Harry's side. Turning it over, he sighed as he explained, "I just see that you are possessed by forces unknown and the only way to release you…" he trailed off, but Harry shivered as he felt Excalibur's steel against his neck, "Is to kill you."

"True words Dumbledore," Fudge grinned, but Harry, seething with rage as he put two and two together, finally snapped: summoning all of his elemental power, he released it in a torrential arc of fire, ice and lightning that sent Fudge, Dumbledore and their guardsmen flying back. Leaping to his feet, Harry extended his hand and Dumbledore gasped as Excalibur returned to the hand of its real master; as soon as Harry clasped the sword, he spun on the spot and summoned a ring of fire and darkness, his eyes narrow and filled with rage.

"You bastard Dumbledore," he snarled coldly, his golden-coloured eyes now burning like the fires of a phoenix. "You think some trumped-up charges and the word of the ex Minister of Magic are enough to take me down? You clearly forget who you are dealing with!"

Looking all around the circle, Harry lifted Excalibur and parted the flames, allowing the Holy Knights and his Queen to move to his side; as Hermione took his hand, she asked him, "What are you going to do Harry?"

"End this," Harry explained, addressing the crowd as a whole, "I am Harry James Potter, Arch-Knight and Commander of the Elemental Order; Lord and Master of Hogwarts School and the Founders and Crowned King of the magical realm of Camelot!"

"Lies!" snapped Fudge, but he was cut off by Harry's flames, "The realm of Camelot is non-existent: the so-called King is but a legend: there is only one ruler of the magical world and, once you're dealt with boy: he will be me!"

"Sadly Cornelius," Harry told him, "You won't get that chance."

Clicking his fingers, Harry summoned chains that appeared to be a mix of light, ice and steel that wrapped around the arms and legs of the former Minister, the Arch-Knight turning back to Dumbledore.

"Harry," Dumbledore gasped, "Why…why didn't you tell me? We could work together on this: it's not too late!"

"Oh," Harry sighed, "I'm afraid it is Dumbledore: you took my life from me by leaving me with Muggles; you allowed a traitor to cause the death of my Father and force my Mother to become a spirit of the ether and then you tried to bind my power and turn me against another Knight. I believe you've heard of him old man: Tom Riddle!"