The longest day

Sebastian, Elora, Tyler, Felicia and Dante all looked up, each one of them gasping in unison as they felt the connection between the Order and their Lord strengthen, the mysterious crest that was upon Sebastian's robe suddenly glowing with silver and blue light before the dragon on their crest came alive and seemed to link the crown with the sword in its claws, forming an X-shape across its breast.

"Lord McDale," gasped Elora, moving to her leader's side as she watched him seemingly rubbing his hand over the crest, "What does this mean sir?"

"It means that Lord Harry and Lady Hermione must have performed the ritual," explained Sebastian, "Now that their elemental bloodline has been awakened, the two of them are one in mind, body and magic, unified by the power of Lord Harry, Holy Knight of Thunder."

"So what are your orders sir?" asked Dante, leaning rather casually against the wall of the villa, "According to the Storm and Ocean Lords, we must report to them when their warriors become stronger."

"And we will," Sebastian agreed, "But our duty to Lord Harry comes first: we will speak with Master Daniel and Mistress Emma about assisting our Lord and Lady at Hogwarts and then, when the period of restoration expires and they awaken from their trance, we shall work to help them both tame their powers."

"And what of Albus Dumbledore?" asked Tyler, "You know as well as I do Sebastian that he won't give up until he has Lord Harry under his command."

"Then it is imperative that we do not allow that to happen," Sebastian told them, looking to each of his comrades as he explained, "While Lord Harry and Lady Hermione recover through their link, we will venture back to the mainland and keep a close eye on those who could either harm or help our Lord and, once we are done, we will go to Gringotts and allow Lord Harry to know of his full inheritance."

"How?" asked Felicia, looking to Sebastian with a note of confusion in her voice.

"We will speak on his behalf with Ragnok and allow Lord Harry access to the artefacts of his family," Dante explained, "I understand that he does have the Sword of Gryffindor at his side, as well as the alliance of an Ancient House, but, if we are to protect him, then we must do it right, agreed?"

"Agreed," the four Order members nodded, looking to their leader as he looked once more to the newly-animated dragon's crest, a part of him hoping that his Lord and Lady would be all right following the restoration process.

"Very well," Sebastian sighed, "Now that we understand our places here, I have a task for each of you…"

HPHG

Neville Longbottom was having an unusual summer: first, his fellow Gryffindors, Harry and Hermione are divided from the infamous Golden Trio; then, Harry becomes a Lord and is recognised as a Holy Knight, which is big enough. But then, he gains the allegiance of the Weasley Family as a means to pay off a life-debt owed from Ginny.

So why was it that Neville actually felt like the spare wheel in Harry's little gang of friends?

It was true that he and Harry had not been real friends like Ron had pretended to be and Hermione had allowed herself to become; however, Neville did know that his family had a history with the Potters and that Harry's mother – rest her soul – had been named as Neville's godmother. But, on the other hand, Neville had wanted to rekindle the friendship that his Father had held with James Potter and, despite what his sense of duty was telling him, he wasn't doing this simply because Harry had revealed himself to be a Holy Knight.

He wasn't called Ronald Weasley; he was Neville Longbottom and he was a boy who prided himself on the company he kept as well as those who deserved respect and, after what had been done at the party, it was clear to Neville that Harry was someone who deserved respect.