New year, old problems

On the last day of their holiday, Hermione once more awoke alone, but this time, instead of seeing her betrothed sat on the floor, his glowing body indicating that he was within his mindscape, there was only the sound of metal clashing with metal, a familiar teenage boy's voice laughing joyfully as the noise rang through the house.

Dressing in her robes, Hermione opened the door and had to duck back in as two blurry figures passed by their room, the Holy Knight of Ocean catching sight of Harry wielding Excalibur while opposite him, clearly overpowering, but not over-exerting the vitality of the Holy Knight of Thunder, was Sebastian, the two locked in what Hermione recognised as melee training.

Carefully stepping out of the room, Hermione watched as Harry parried and doubled-back on Sebastian's attacks, the steel of Excalibur matching Sebastian's sword, the older man clearly the superior swordsman as he went to attack every inch of the Holy Sword. Harry kept his weapon high, his strikes coming from above while his defence was either vertically-positioned or held across his chest, as if to defend his body from Sebastian's strikes.

'Having fun Sparky?' asked Hermione, slightly distracting Harry as he turned his head, the Holy Knight then having to duck as Sebastian came in with the edge of his sword. Stepping back, Harry held his sword before his face, before he lowered it to the side.

"I yield," he gasped, wiping his brow with the sleeve of his robe; to Hermione's untrained position, it seemed that Harry had been at this for some time, "How'd I do?"

"You still allow yourself to be distracted too easily," Sebastian commented, watching as Harry moved to Hermione's side, before the Order's Commander smiled as he added, "Though I guess where Hermione is concerned, you have a valid reason for distraction."

"Sorry Harry," Hermione told him, resting her head on his shoulder as Harry sheathed Excalibur, "I should have waited until you were done."

"No Mione," Harry replied, turning his head so that he could place a gentle kiss on her forehead, "Where you are concerned, I'd risk everything in a moment's distraction: you are the one distraction that I will never ignore, no matter what."

"Harry is right there," laughed the calm voice of Sirius, the Marauder poking his head over the banister from the stairs, "Is it safe to come out now?"

"Sorry Sirius," Harry sighed, "And yes, I was having fun Hermione: ever since I gave him the blade, Seba's been training me while we agreed that Elora would be your combat trainer, which leaves Felicia to train you with your powers and magicks and either Dante or Tyler to train me. So, what's wrong Sirius?"

"Minerva just gave me a fire-call," Sirius explained, "It's almost time to go and, according to her, Dumbledore wants to see you and Hermione when you get back to Hogwarts."

'It was inevitable,' Harry remarked, sighing deeply as he looked to Sebastian, "I'll need the Order with me and you'd better get ready for some serious emotional responses."

"As you command," Sebastian replied, Harry knowing that, now they were returning to school, he would fall back into his role as the commander of the Order. However, in all honesty, Harry was beginning to enjoy knowing that he had warriors and allies both as well as family and friends at his side: he didn't know whether it was because he was growing used to Sebastian's presence or whether it was because of the fact that, with every day that passed, they grew one day closer to Harry making his way to Camelot.

Dressing in their Hogwarts robes, Harry made his way down to the lounge where he and Sirius shared a farewell hug, the Lord of the Black Family whispering, "Next time you see me pup, I'll be a free man; oh," he then added, moving to the fireplace where he retrieved an envelope with Harry's name on it, "Here; that reminds me: Amelia wanted me to give this to you before you left. Something about an investigation that you asked her to perform regarding our not-so-favourite Potions Master."