The Yule Ball

Chaos was clearly the order of the day at Hogwarts during the aftermath of the First Task;

No sooner had Hermione Granger, the Alpha Female of Gryffindor and Holy Knight of Ocean, retrieved her treasure through rather ingenious means before the dragon she had been facing, a nesting Hungarian Horntail, had attacked her and could have killed her if it hadn't been for one simple thing.

Harry Potter's knack for saving people and his reckless thinking where his Hermione's safety was concerned; with reflexes and speeds that would put the greatest Quidditch Players in the world to shame, he had been out from the Champions' Tent and, drawing Excalibur, he had stabbed the dragon through the roof of the mouth, but not without those blood-thirsty fangs digging into his shoulder first. When Hermione had cried out Harry's name, the three schools had actually been in shock and awe while several adults were trying to calm the younger students.

However, among all of them, the first to Harry's wounded body were Dan, Emma, Lily and Sirius, the Defence Professor growling threateningly as he turned to a stunned Charlie Weasley before he asked, "I thought you were supposed to tame these beasts so they'd be able to recognise when it was time to step down?"

"I…I'm sorry Lord Black," Charlie replied, actually trembling in front of the professor as he looked to Hermione who was holding onto Harry. "I personally made sure that the right kinds of dragons were brought here: I…I…I don't know what happened."

"Isn't it obvious?" asked a familiar voice, Sirius and Dan now moving to keep their children from the presence of Dumbledore as the old man made his opinions known. "Someone must have used dark magic to try and threaten the life of someone close to our official fourth champion: perhaps we should take this to the…"

"Shut…your…mouth," gasped a wounded voice, Sirius now stepping aside as Harry stood tall, Excalibur's blade dripping blood as he tried to remain upright, "D-Dragons," he continued, gasping through his pain, "Are more or less immune to…the magic like this; only…a potion or…serious mind-wiping could…affect them and…there's only one name…that comes to mind."

"Harry my boy," Dumbledore smiled, "I am glad to see that…"

A bolt of lightning struck the already dead corpse of the Horntail, Harry's voice even colder as he hissed, "You knew I would do that Dumbledore: you knew I'd protect Hermione if she was in serious danger. Now…get out of…my way before there's…another corpse on hand here: Sirius…can we…can we go home?"

"I'll take you down to the gates," Sirius explained, "And we can go home from there: but shouldn't Severus or Poppy look at your wound?"

"Once I'm away from him," Harry snarled, pointing a hand at a stunned Dumbledore, "I'll accept any help…and Dumbledore? If…if you think…that just because…I'm weak means I want help…then you don't know me at all. In fact," he gave an almost shark-like smile as he added, "I think you'll find that I possess…powers that you know not."

Albus' eyes widened: from Harry's tone of voice, it sounded like he had knowledge of the prophecy, but that was impossible, wasn't it?

Even with his so-called powers, there was no way that he could possess knowledge of the plan and the way that Albus was prepared to use his power at such a young age, did he?

As Sirius, Lily and the small entourage passed the old man, he carefully cast a quick tracking spell on Dan and Harry, both of them unaware of the danger they were in;

Or so he thought…

HPHG

"Bastard!"

Harry, with what strength he could muster, incinerated his robe and then, pointing Excalibur at Dan's coat, he nullified the magical presence he'd felt after they'd left Hogwarts; sheathing his sword, Harry gasped as Lily rubbed a lotion into his wound, before she told him, "Mind your language young man."