The inevitable event

Now that they had knowledge of the Second Task, both Harry and Hermione mad sure to increase their training sessions with Sebastian and, at times, Sirius and Remus, all the while having Lily and Severus watch their health and ensure they stayed safe and strong. Harry had a sneaking suspicion that the Second Task was when he would meet with his Last Knight and he was more than prepared to bring his plans ahead for the sake of the completion of his Circle.

However, as January started to pass them by, Hermione asked Harry for a private meeting in the Lion's Wing one Saturday afternoon: everyone else was down at Hogsmeade for a post-holiday weekend so they were more or less alone; seated in the now commonly used Common Room of the Wing, Harry held Hermione in his arms as he asked her, "What's wrong Kitten? You're giving me a bit of a headache with your negative emotions: are you scared?"

"It's…it's just…I was worried," Hermione answered, her hands actually trembling in Harry's hands as he held onto her, "I…I don't know much about the Third Task, but, on a point, what if the mystery opponent is someone with a grudge against you?"

"You mean Dumbledore?" asked Harry, Hermione nodding as she tried not to show any weakness around her betrothed: they had spent the day after the Yule Ball in a real festive mood with their family and that had brought the kind of smile back to Harry's face that hadn't been seen since Hermione had kissed him after he'd sat on his throne in Camelot Castle. Hugging his girl close to his body, Harry tried to calm her nerves, "If he tries anything and I say if, then I have more than enough power to take him head-on: on the other hand," as he said this, he ran a soft hand through Hermione's dark hair as he continued. "I have nothing to fear because this little duelling competition will prove once and for all that my powers are as strong as I say they are; it doesn't matter what I have to do for the Tournament or for us Mione, I will emerge victorious through it all."

"Thank you Harry," sighed Hermione, now resting her head on his lap as she tried to get over her doubts, "But what about the maze? The prophecy that Artemis gave you said that you'd meet Tom when the four become one, but now there's five of us, how will it change things?"

"It won't," Harry answered her, "I will meet with Tom sooner or later and I will give him my blood willingly; if I have to, I'll add Excalibur's magic to whatever ritual brings him back to ensure that I come back as the leader of a completed Order of Knights. Trust in me Hermione and I will always come back to you."

"You know," Hermione smiled, now lifting her head so that she could kiss his lips, "You always sound so strong when you speak as the leader that you are: how do you know that you'll survive what the Tournament has ahead?"

"Because," Harry replied, guiding her aside so that he could stand up; turning back to her, Harry winked before he shed his robes, exposing his pale chest and body, "I'm not going to wait any longer; not with this change of plans."

"Y-You mean?" asked Hermione, gasping at the sight of her betrothed looking so strong and so healthy: it was like he was a whole new person again.

"I do," Harry told her, "If you want to Hermione; this way, we have time to explore our advanced power before the Second Task: but only if you…"

He didn't get to finish as Hermione wrapped her arms around him, placing a passionate kiss on his lips as she pushed him back, their magic meeting as their emotions heightened…

HPHG

Down in Hogsmeade, Neville and Luna suddenly stopped dead in their tracks, Luna gasping as she dropped the Butterbeer she was holding; the reason for their reaction was the wave of magic that had passed between the two soul-bonded Holy Knights; looking to his girl, Neville asked, "Harry?"

"And Hermione," Luna answered, before she giggled as she told him, "Oh well; it was inevitable, but what could…this mean?"

"Maybe it's our power," Neville suggested, "The Arch-Knight and Arch-Mage have been found so the Knights are formed together and become who we're meant to be: I mean," he lifted a hand and summoned a ball of white flames that seemed to waver like a candle flame in the breeze, "I can actually feel the fire inside me: it's like there's a dragon within me."