A knight becomes a king

Harry, Hermione, Sirius, Remus, Dan, Emma and the Order all stared in shocked silence, the Holy Knight of Thunder trying his hardest not to break down in tears as to what he was seeing, what he was hearing, in front of him: the other Pure Knight, the Holy Knight of Light, was his Mother? She was alive?

"Harry," Lily whispered, now seemingly cradling her son's cheek in her hand, her touch as soft as Buckbeak's feathers as she smiled at him, "Aren't you going to say anything?"

"M…Mother," Harry whispered back, his heterochromic eyes now filled with the sadness and joy that he was feeling, "You're…you're alive."

"Yes," smiled Lily, now placing a soft kiss on her son's forehead as she added, "I'm alive; I'm here and I'm never going to leave your side again."

The next words came from Sirius, his eyes wide with shock and a small sense of horror as he asked, "B-But how? I was there Lil, I saw your bodies, I saw Harry; I…"

"Padfoot," Lily whispered, "You did what you felt was right at the time, but sadly, you were too quick to leave, or else you would have seen it."

"Seen what?" asked Remus, his own voice now finding its way to his lips as he looked to Lily, "What do you mean Lily? How is it that you're standing here and how are you a Knight?"

"You mean you never knew?" asked Lily, "Why else would Harry be a Twice-Blessed Knight? He's a combined-third-generation Pure Knight of the Elemental Order; Charles was the Holy Knight of Light and James inherited the instincts and life of the Knights, but not the power…not until he married me."

"What do you mean?" asked Harry, "How was it that Grandfather was a Holy Knight and not Dad? How could he have been the Holy Knight of Light when that's who you are?"

"Because my original Knighthood," explained Lily, "Was the very Knight that your lovely girlfriend is right now: the Holy Knight of Ocean; the only reason that Sebastian and the Order never truly discovered my potential was because of…well, I think you can guess."

There was an ominous rumble of thunder in the air, before everyone gasped as Harry's body suddenly started to glow with a powerful, almost electrical surge of silver energy, his right hand now shaking furiously, Excalibur's bright-metal blade trembling, the edge of the blade crackling with electricity and lightning as Harry listened to his Mother's words.

"Harry," Hermione told him, now approaching his side; however, as she reached out to take his hand, she was stopped by Lily, the eyes of the Holy Knight of Light filled with sadness and regret as she shook her head.

"No," she advised Hermione, "Let him let it out."

"Al-bus Dum-ble-dore!" growled Harry, his voice almost monotone as he looked to the woman that held the hand of his betrothed, "It was because of that monster, that manipulative old…bastard that my family lost its heritage?"

"It was," Lily nodded sadly, "And watch your language young man."

That attempt at parental humour seemed to calm the storm; Harry stopped shaking, his glow now fading and Excalibur's electrified blade now becoming solid steel again as he looked to her, his face now managing a weak smile, his eyes filled with tears.

"Mum," he gasped, "It…it is you."

"In the flesh," Lily nodded, before she walked over and wrapped her arms around her son, Harry dropping Excalibur to the floor as he returned the gesture, Lily's next words confirming any doubts that Harry had, "You're safe, you're strong and you know that you are always loved."

"But…but…" Harry gasped, now wiping his eyes as he looked to his Mother, "How?"

"In a word," Lily answered, "Merlin."