00: Return to Mystic Falls

The last time I was in Mystic Falls, the town was small and filled with a few hundred people. It was brand new, recently found years before I died. Now, looking at it, it was as if it jumped through time. There were more buildings, more lights illuminating the streets and making it feel a bit less homey than before. Of course, it had been about a hundred years or so since I last came to Mystic Falls. And to be honest, I enjoyed how it looked now than it did back then.

   There was a small restaurant that was filled with locals and a few others from outside of town, The Grill. Quite an original name, if you ask me. The bar was filled with people enjoying their alcohol, and so were the numerous tables. I didn't know that Founder's Day was such an important day in Mystic Falls, but apparently it was still celebrated and loved. And by loved, I meant completely loved since this was the 150th Founder's Day Celebration. During the day, there was a parade with floats and costumes and a reconstructed Battle of Willow Creek and then the marvellous football team. In the evening, there would be a speech by the mayor, who was surprisingly still a Lockwood, and fireworks. I wanted to see the fireworks more than hear another Lockwood give a long and boring speech.

   I chuckled and took a sip from my drink, savouring the alcohol on my tongue as I watched my surroundings. Although I didn't need to eat or drink, I enjoyed the savour of human food. It was nice, although it had too much fat in it, but so did their blood. There wasn't much difference between human food and and human blood; they were both equally delicious and filled with fat. Although, sometimes I could taste the sickness of the person in the blood, and that ruined it.

   "What'a girl like you doin' here?" a man asked as he sat in the chair next to mine. "All alone and drinkin'..."

   I watched him as I sipped on my drink. He was in his early thirties, spent his nights playing pool and drinking and picking on girls he could take home. The man wasn't my type, but maybe he might be my blood type. I chuckled and put the glass on the table, taking a deep breath.

   "I'm alone and drinking," I responded. "Am I not able to do that?"

   "I think you'd prefer some company," he said, taking a swig of his beer. "How about mine?"

   I kept watching him and tilted my head to the side, a small smirk spreading around my lips. He seemed delicious, and I could go for an afternoon delight. So, I nodded and leaned slightly forward, showing him the top of my breaths. Human males were weak for sexual appeal, which meant if I showed mine, my meal would come faster than anticipated.

   "Sure," I agreed. "Why not? It should be fun. How about buying me a drink?" I stared into his eyes and smiled softly, hoping he'd fall even more.

   "What'd you have?"

   "Bourbon," I said, leaning back and crossing my legs. "I'm feeling a little bad tonight."

   The man brought me a drink, and then a few more. He was drunk by the time I finished my sixth glass. It was the kind of drunk where he stumbled over his words and made advances that would never work on a human female, even less a vampire. That was when I decided to make my move. I invited him out of The Grill so we could go somewhere quiet, which would be the alley right by it. He thought it was my house, and that made him smirk. I pulled him with me, and that made me laugh in the inside. Poor little human thought he would be getting laid, instead I would be sucking the life out of him.

   He began to kiss me as he pushed me against the wall, his hands roaming everywhere. They were disgusting, just like the kiss. Everything about him screamed disgusting, but I was hungry. I turned around, pushing against the wall and pulling away.

   "Don't scream," I whispered, using compulsion. He seemed confused at first, but opened his mouth to let out a scream when my eyes began to darken and the veins began to show. My gums began to open, revealing my fangs. When they pulled through the skin of my gums, it hurt. I had done it so many times that the pain was no longer a problem.