07: Destroying Towns

I did exactly what I said I would do: I bought a house. It was a two story house with four bedrooms, three bathrooms, a lovely kitchen, a living room, and a nice backyard for if I ever wanted to get a dog, or two. It was comfortable to the point where I jumped on my bed the moment the salesman left. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and enjoyed the soft sheets. It was easy buying the house when one was a vampire. How? Well, using the power of compulsion was at its finest. Looked through the internet for the few houses that were for sale in Mystic Falls, called the number for the one I liked the most, and compelled the man to give it to me for half its price.

My phone began to ring from the night stand. The ringing took me out of my comfort, and made me groan as I reached over and answered without looking at who it was. "Hello?"

"How was moving?" Damon's voice rang through the speaker. I sat up and furrowed my brows, looking down at my phone to look at the callers ID. Damon Salvatore it read.

"What do you want, Damon?" I asked, ignoring his question. It surprised me that he would call after the conversation we had the night before. I was sure he wouldn't call, I was sure he wouldn't even want to see my face. I sure didn't want to see his.

"We need your help," he sighed. "Now."

"I'm in the middle of sleeping, Damon," I sighed, running a hand down my face. "What can be so important that needs me to leave the comfort of my bed?"

"Elena's missing," he revealed. "She's been gone ever since the party last night. According to Jeremy, she didn't make it home."

"This has Katherine written all over it," Stefan's voice joined.

"Katherine's in the tomb," I said, realizing that I was on speaker. "Damon shut her in there."

"Did you?" His question wasn't directed at me, it was directed at Damon.

"Did I what, Stefan?" Damon sighed. I could imagine him rolling his eyes and looking at his brother with that annoyed look he seemed to always sport.

"Well, I know the hold Katherine has on you," Stefan said.

"She's in the tomb. Period. End of story," Damon assured. "But she did say something to me before I shut her in. I thought she was lying."

"What did she say?"

"Elena's in danger," he quoted.

"What?" I snapped, standing from the bed. "And you didn't think you should ask her to elaborate?"

"Everything she says it's a lie!" he snapped. "How am I supposed to know if she's gonna start spouting out the truth?"

"We have to talk to her," Stefan said.

"No, no!" I said, beginning to pace around my room. "Let me tell you how that's gonna go: We're gonna go ask her for help, she's gonna negotiate her release-which we're gonna be dumb enough to give her-and she's gonna get out and kill us. This is exactly what she wants!"

"I don't really care!" Stefan snapped.

"It's a bad idea, Stefan," Damon agreed with me.

"It's Elena," Stefan reasoned.

"And we're also talking about Katherine," I sighed. I pressed a hand to my forehead, and closed my eyes as I tried to think. "Ask Bonnie for help! Maybe she can help without letting Katherine out of the tomb."

"See?" Damon's voice rang. "This is why I said that we should call Clara in the first place. She's thinking straight!"

"Bonnie's bound to know some spell that can help us," I continued, ignoring Damon. "Instead of immediately going to Katherine, ask her."