01: Roommate

There was a knock on the door.

Alhaitham stopped what he was doing. He put down the red jumper that he was folding, and that he was planning on putting in his closet. He stood up, and ran towards the front door.

As he opened the door, a smile appeared on his face as he saw Cyno.
„ Cyno! It's just you!", he laughed, „ I thought my new roommate was already here!"

Alhaitham and his best friend Cyno were starting college in 2 days. They both went to school together for years, since they both were 4 years old. They both graduated high school together, and of course, both planned on going to the same college.

The college they both got into was called Teyvat college. It was quite far from their hometown, so they both had to find a flat. They originally wanted to share a flat together, but since Cyno got a boyfriend, he and his boyfriend were sharing the flat. So Alhaitham knew that he would have to share his flat with a stranger.

Cyno entered Alhaitham's flat. It was nice, and not too small. A perfect size for two people. The kitchen was small, but the living room was big, as well as the bathroom and the bedroom. In Alhaitham's room, there were two single beds. Alhaitham had already made his bed, which meant the other bed was the bed that his roommate was going to get.

„ So, what do you think your roommate is going to be like?", Cyno asked, „ Do you think you'll maybe fall in love with them?"

Alhaitham laughed at Cyno's question.
„ Cyno, my roommate is a boy! I'm straight!", he laughed, „ And honestly, as long as my roommate isn't annoying, I'll be happy!"
„ When is he arriving?", Cyno asked.
„ Apparently, tomorrow at noon. Which means tonight, I'll be spending time on my own here!", Alhaitham said.

Cyno looked around Alhaitham's flat. He liked it a lot.
„ Your flat is quite nice!", he said, „ My flat with Tighnari is small. And Tighnari has already filled up our closet with his hoodies. I wonder how I'm ever going to fit in my clothes!"
Alhaitham laughed.

After a while, Cyno's phone rang. Tighnari had phoned him.
After the phone call, Cyno got up.

„ Well Alhaitham, I will head back to my flat. Tighnari has started making the dinner!", Cyno said smiling, „ Update me on your roommate tomorrow, won't you?"
Alhaitham smiled.
„ I will buddy!", he said as he gave his best friend a fist bump.

Suddenly, out of the blue, Cyno burst into laughter.
„ What's up with you?", Alhaitham asked with a confused look on his face.
„ I had a weird thought!", Cyno laughed, „ Imagine your roommate ends up being that one boy you hated more than any boy in the world back in middle school!"
Alhaitham started laughing.
„ Oh, you mean Kaveh?", he laughed, „ Funny one, Cyno! I like your jokes!"

Cyno left his flat after that, since he didn't want to be late for dinner.
As he had left, Alhaitham went back into his flat, headed into his bedroom, and continued to fold his jumpers, just like what he was doing before Cyno visited him.

But somehow, Cyno's joke wouldn't leave Alhaitham's head.

He had completely forgotten about Kaveh, until Cyno had mentioned him.

Back when Alhaitham was in middle school, in fifth grade, a new student joined the class. That student was called Kaveh. Alhaitham thought that Kaveh looked like a nice student, so he wanted to become friends with him.

He used his opportunity to talk to him in the lunch break. He found him sitting at a table, eating with some friends he had already made.
As Alhaitham walked up to Kaveh, he took a deep breath and smiled.

„ Hey there! My name is Alhaitham, and I'm in your class! Would you like to be my friend?", Alhaitham asked.
He noticed Kaveh's friends staring at Alhaitham from head to toe, which made him nervous. Suddenly, Alhaitham got so nervous, so that he lost his balance, and fell right into Kaveh. Not only did he fall into Kaveh, but he also got food all over him and Kaveh.

Alhaitham turned red full of embarrassment.
„ Oh my! I'm so sorry! I really am!", he apologized.
Kaveh stomped his foot on the floor.
„ YOU IDIOT! YOU GOT TOMATO SAUCE ALL OVER ME!", he yelled, „ And weird kid, forget being friends with me!"

That whole day, Alhaitham was hurt. He had messed up being friends with Kaveh, who looked like a nice boy. When he got home, he cried on his bed, since he felt embarrassed and hurt.

But after a while, Alhaitham thought about it: Why would he want to be friends with someone who seemed to be a jerk?

The next day, as Alhaitham came to school, he decided to get revenge on Kaveh. It took him hours to think of a plan, but eventually, he came up with an idea.

He went to a store after school to buy a fart pillow. The next day, he made sure he arrived at school earlier. He placed the fart pillow on Kaveh's seat. Now, all he had to do was wait for Kaveh to arrive into class.

As soon as Kaveh entered class, he went to his seat without looking at it, and sat down.
His face turned red as the oiooow made a noise. Everyone's eyes were on Kaveh. And soon, the whole class was in laughter.

Kaveh noticed Al Haitham laughing extremely loud, so he knew that it was Alhaitham who wanted his revenge.

Since then, Kaveh and Alhaitham constantly tried to get revenge on each other. The older they got, the worse it got. Once they were in seventh grade, they often bad physical fights. They were known as "the #1 school enemies" by the entire school.

Once high school started, Kaveh and Alhaitham parted ways. Which meant he hadn't seen Kaveh since 8th grade.

„ I wonder what he's up to now!", Alhaitham thought to himself.

That night, Alhaitham had an amazing sleep. His bed was extremely comfortable, and he loved the peace he had. He was hoping that his roommate wasn't a loud snorer.

During the morning, Alhaitham played some PS5. He was happy that he was able to bring his video games along to college, since he adored playing video games in high school.

Time went by so fast, since he was enjoying himself playing games. That without him realizing, it was already noon.
There was a knock on the door at ten past twelve. Alhaitham freaked out as he saw the time.
He immediately turned off his PS5, took off his headphones that he had on, and walked towards the front door.

He opened the door to a tall boy with blonde hair. He was wearing a white shirt and green cargo trousers. He had two suitcases next to him. His hair was fluffy, and his eyes were brown.

As Alhaitham looked at him, he thought to himself that the boy looked familiar to someone he knew. But he couldn't think of who.

„ Well hello there, roommate!", the boy said winking his eye, „ You haven't changed since I last saw you!"

Alhaitham stares at him.
„ Hey...but how do you know me?", Alhaitham asked.

The boy laughed
„ Have you really forgotten who I am?", he laughed,

„ It's me, Kaveh!"