19: Family

Alhaitham and Kaveh were on the train, on their way to visit Alhaitham's mother and grandmother. Alhaitham was resting his head on Kaveh's shoulder, while they both were sharing headphones, listening to music on a shared playlist they had made together.

„ By the way, you are aware that we have to act like platonic besties in front of my mom and grandma?", Alhaitham said, „ My grandma is literally homophobic anyway."

„ I'm ok with acting platonic. But when its just us we can kiss and cuddle, right?", Kaveh asked.

„ Obviously.", Alhaitham said, „ We can go on some dates. My mom and grandma won't follow us everywhere we go.", Alhaitham said. Kaveh smiled.

A few hours has passed. Alhaitham and Kaveh were holding hands, walking towards where Alhaitham's mom's house was, since his mother had texted him that she would meet both of them at the house since she was cooking lunch for both of them.

As soon as they got close to the house, Alhaitham let go of Kaveh's hand.
„ Remember to act like we're bros or something.", Alhaitham giggled.
Kaveh giggled too.

Eventually, they arrived at a modern white house with a red roof.
Before they reached the front door, it opened.

Out came a woman with gray hair, tied in a bun.
She was wearing a long white dress, wearing an apron.
„ Alhaitham! You're home!", she happily shouted as she ran down to hug her son tightly.

Alhaitham smiled as he hugged her back.
„ Great to see you again and be back home.", Alhaitham said.

After their hug, Alhaitham's mom smiled as she walked towards Kaveh.
„ Hi. You must be Alhaitham's roomate.", she said, „ What's your name?"

„ Greetings. My name is Kaveh.", Kaveh greeted.
„ Its so nice to meet you.", Alhaitham's mom said, „ Come inside. Grandma is waiting for you, and then I can give Kaveh a house tour."

They walked inside. The house was quite small. The kitchen and living room were bigger in Alhaitham and Kaveh's shared flat. The house was very tidy and well organized.

As they arrived in the kitchen, they saw an old woman sitting down at the kitchen table reading the newspaper.
„ Grandma.", Alhaitham happily said as he hugged his grandma.

„ Hello Alhaitham. I missed you so much.", his grandma said.
„ Oh yeah grandma, meet my roomate and close friend, Kaveh.", Alhaitham said.

„ Hello. Its great to meet you.", his grandma said, „ But Alhaitham, I thought you were bringing your girlfriend."

Alhaiham and Kaveh awkwardly looked at each other.
„ Didn't mom tell you? My girlfriend is spending time with her family over the break.", Alhaitham said.
„ Oh yes, she did tell me. I forgot, but I am getting older.", his grandma laughed.

„ Ok boys, I will show you your room.", Alhaitham's mom said.

Alhaitham's mom brought the boys up onto the first floor. She opened a door to a big bedroom with a double bed.
„ I redecorated your bedroom, Alhaitham.", she said, „ I hope you like it."
„ It's really nice, thank you so much mom.", Alhaitham said.

There wasn't much of a difference besides there being a double bed there, and his room being tidy (usually his room was extremely messy with clothes on the floor).

„ By the way, I hope you don't mind sleeping in a double bed. I thought Alhaitham's girlfriend was staying, thats why I gave my son a double bed. But Kaveh, if it's too awkward for you, I can show you the guest room.", Alhaitham's mom said.

„ That's ok. Alhaitham and I always sleep in a double bed in our flat.", Kaveh confidently said.

It took Kaveh 3 seconds to realize what he said was hinting that him and Alhaitham were more than just friends and roommates. He stared at Alhaitham, who looked like he wanted to smash his head against a wall. Alhaitham's mom looked shocked.