03: Dehya

Alhaitham's eyes opened widely.

His eyes opened to a loud sound. That sound was so disturbing, that he knew he wouldn't be able to fall back asleep.
„ What the heck is that noise?", Alhaitham thought to himself.

He immediately thought of Kaveh.
He was certain it was Kaveh who was making this noise.

He looked beside him and saw Kaveh, who was snoring loudly.
He was right.
„ Are you kidding me?", he thought to himself.

He got up, took his pillow, and threw it at Kaveh, aiming him in the face.

It looked like he had hit him hard.

But surprisingly, the blonde haired boy didn't wake up. He didn't even move a muscle, instead, he continued to snore.
„ Is this guy even a human?", Alhaitham thought to himself.

He approached Kaveh, took out his hand, and slapped his face.

This time, Kaveh's eyes opened.
„ Alhaitham?", he yawned, „ Is it time for college?"

Alhaitham grabbed Kaveh by the collar of his pajamas.
„ Listen here, you little shit!", he yelled, „ Who allowed you to snore this loudly when you have a roomate who needs his beauty sleep?"

Kaveh simply laughed.
„ No one can control if they snore or not!", he laughed, „ Now if you excuse me, I will continue to sleep!"
„ I hate you so much! I hope you know that!", Alhaitham yelled as he stormed back to his bed.

A few hours had passed. Finally, it was 8am. Kaveh fell asleep immediately after Alhaitham returned to bed. And of course, he snored again.
Which meant Alhaitham didn't sleep at all.

Alhaitham was happy to start college. He made sure he wouldn't leave his flat the same time as Kaveh, since at college, he would avoid him. He would hang out with Cyno, although he was mad at him.

Or, he maybe could make new friends.

Alhaitham left his flat while Kaveh was still eating his breakfast. He only had to walk a few minutes until he would arrive at his college.
He made sure he would find the classroom he was told to go to, so he took out his phone and checked an app on his phone that told him where he would have to go.

After around 15 minutes, he found his class. There weren't many students sitting there yet, so Alhaitham sat at the back of the classroom.
After a few minutes, he heard a voice.

„ Can I sit here please?", a girl asked.

Alhaitham looked up and smiled.
„ Sure!", he said with a grin on his face.

The girl had brown hair, with a blonde strand in her bangs. She was wearing a red half top and black baggy jeans. She looked extremely familiar.

„ I feel like I know her!", Alhaitham thought to himself.
Suddenly, it him who it was.

„ No way! Dehya, is that you?", he gasped.

The girl gasped.
„ Alhaitham!", she happily said, „ I thought you were familiar, but I couldn't think of who you were!"

Dehya was even prettier than she was in middle school. She was always a very pretty girl. Her hair used to be much shorter. She wasn't as tall back in middle school. And her clothing style had completely changed. She used to always wear hoodies and sweatpants.

Alhaitham blushed as he saw her.
„ Wow! You look great!", he said, „ It's been years since I saw you!"
„ You look great yourself!", she said, „ So, how have things been?"

Alhaitham caught up with Dehya. She moved to Natlan after middle school, attended high school there. She was single now, and hadn't dated anyone ever since she broke up with Kaveh at the end of 8th grade.

College lessons started. The lessons weren't as boring as they were in highschool, probably since there wasn't any difficult and annoying subjects, such as math and science.

As soon as it was lunch time, Alhaitham wanted to ask Dehya to eat with her. He definitely wanted to get closer with her. Maybe, they could date again- and this time, it wouldn't be a "cringy" middle school relationship. Now, they both were young adults, and more mature.

But before Alhaitham could say a word, he saw Dehya approach two girls who were sitting in the front row.
„ Great. Now I'll have to eat with Cyno!", Alhaitham thought to himself as he rolled his eyes.

He was still mad with Cyno for making Kaveh move in with him. He knew it would take a while to completely forgive Cyno- even though he was his best friend.

Alhaitham found Cyno and Tighnari stand in the hallway.
„ Hey! We were waiting for you!", Tighnari said smiling.
„ Hey!", Alhaitham coldly said.

„ You're still mad?", Cyno laughed.
„ Of course I am. I will remain mad at you for a while!", Alhaitham growled, „ But I have no one else to eat lunch with, so therefore, I will eat with you!"

Cyno simply laughed.

The three boys sat saw that their college had a cafeteria. It was big, and had many tables.
„ I've brought my own food from home!", Tighnari said, „ Therefore, I will reserve us a table!"
„ Me and Cyno will order our food!", Alhaitham said.

Cyno and Alhaitham took a tray and stood in the queue to order their food.
„ I saw you talk to some girl earlier! Who was she?", Cyno wanted to know, meaning Dehya.

Alhaitham started giggling.
„ She used to be with us in middle school, funny enough!", Alhaitham laughed, „ Dehya. Remember her?"

Cyno was shocked.
„ Wow! That's her?", he gasped, „ She's changed a lot since I've last seen her!"
„ You know...I hope that maybe, I will get closer with her. And maybe...we could date again!", Alhaitham nervously said as his cheeks turned red.

Cyno smiled.
„ As long as Kaveh doesn't ruin things for you again!", Cyno laughed.
„ That asshole won't be ruining anything for me this time!", Alhaitham confidently said, „ By the end of the Semester, Dehya will be my girlfriend!"

Cyno smiled.
„ I like your confidence!", he said as he gave his best friend a fist bump.