17: Overwhelmed

Almost two weeks had passed. Alhaitham and Kaveh really wanted to hang out a lot since they had just started dating, but that sadly couldn't happen since Kaveh was studying to get into the architecture course.

It was finally the day before Kaveh's exam. Alhaitham agreed that he would leave Kaveh study, so he decided to leave the flat for a bit and go on a walk.

He decided to go on a walk through the park. He was wearing his noise canceling headphones, just enjoying the peace and quietness outside.

Suddenly, he felt someone tapping his shoulder.

He turned around and saw Dehya.

Alhaitham hadn't seen Dehya since he found out she had a girlfriend and was gay.
„ Hey Alhaitham.", Dehya said, „ Haven't spoken to you in a while."

Alhaitham smiled.
„ Hey! How have you been?", Alhaitham asked.
„ Great. Can't wait for vacation. I'm going to a holiday house with my girlfriend, and my two friends Faruzan and Layla.", Dehya said smiling, „ What about you?"

„ Sounds lovely.", Alhaitham said, „ I'm possibly visiting my mom and grandma with my boyfriend."
„ Boyfriend? You mean Kaveh?", Dehya asked. Alhaitham nodded his head.

„ I thought you guys were in a fake relationship.", Dehya gasped. Alhaitham remembered he had told her the truth back the. Aboit his realtionship with Kaveh being fake so that he could ask her out on a date.

„ We were, but for almost two weeks, we are officially dating now.", Alhaitham said.
Dehya clapped her hands and smiled.
„ Yay! I'm happy for both of you.", she said grinning, „ It was nice talking to you."
„ Nice talking to you too.", Alhaitham said.

Alhaitham continued walking. As he hadn't even walked for 5 minutes, his phone started to ring.
It was his mother.

Alhaitham picked up the phone.
„ Hey mom, how are you?", Alhaitham asked.
„ Hi Alhaitham, I wanted to talk to you about the upcoming semester break.", his mom said, „ Is your girlfriend still coming along with you? I'm planning everything right now, so its best I know."

„ About that....she is visiting her parents for the break.", Alhaitham lied.
„ Aw what a shame. I was hoping to meet her.", Alhaitham's mom said, „ But of course, you could invite a friend instead. What about that Cyno boy?"

„ He's busy too.", Alhaitham said, „ But I do have a different very good friend. My roommate. Do you think he could come with me for the two weeks?"

„ Of course.", his mom said, „ I'll see you next week then, and I'm looking forward to meeting your roommate."

His mom hung up.

Alhaitham returned home about 2 hours later. He saw Kaveh eating his lunch while staring at a book. He was studying.
„ Hey Kaveh.", Alhaitham said. Kaveh took his eyes off his book.
„ Hey my love.", Kaveh said smiling. Alhaitham turned red at the nickname.

„ How's the studying going?", Alhaitham asked.
„ Almost done. I just hope I get into my dream course.", Kaveh said, „ I've always loved architecture as a kid."
„ I'm sure you will. I believe in you.", Alhaitham said.

He approached Kaveh and kissed his lips.
„ By the way, once your exam is over, we should go on a date.", Alhaitham said, „ Before our trip to my mother's."
„ Sounds great.", Kaveh said, „ By the way, does your mother know your non existent girlfriend can't make it?"
„ Yes...and she now knows my "very good friend" aka my roomate is coming with me.", Alhaitham said. Kaveh smiled.

As soon as Kaveh finished eating, Alhaitham cooked himself his own lunch to let Kaveh study in his shared bedroom in peace. Alhaitham cooked himself some instant noodles. He watched a YouTube video while eating his lunch.
About 10 minutes later, the bedroom door opened. Kaveh walked out.

„ Hey.", Kaveh said, „ Once you finish eating, do you think you could help me rehearse?"

A smile appeared on his boyfriend's face.
„ Yeah, I would love to.", Alhaitham said, „ Wait in the bedroom, just finishing my lunch, then I will help you."

Kaveh grinned as he walked back to his bedroom and patiently sat on the bed, reviewing his notes one last time.

About 10 minutes later, Alhaitham entered the bedroom. He sat on the bed and smiled at Kaveh.
„ You got this.", he said as he reached for both his hands and held them tightly. Kaveh smiled.
„ Thanks love.", Kaveh said as he handed Alhaitham all his notes, „ I would like you to ask me all the highlighted information."

Alhaitham looked at all of Kaveh's notes. He had quite a lot to learn. Architecture was a difficult course to get into, and after all, it was very academic, so that explained why the university only accepted a certain amount of people.

The first 15 minutes of Alhaitham asking Kaveh questions about architecture went quite well. Kaveh really had learned his stuff well, and he even added extra information. Alhaitham could tell that Kaveh really wanted to get into this course.

A few minutes later, Alhaitham asked Kaveh an other question. Kaveh expected to know this answer, but suddenly, his mind went blank.
It was as if he had forgotten everything he learned.

„ What's wrong with me?", Kaveh gasped, „ I don't know the answer."

„ Don't worry Kaveh. It's just one question, and I'm sure it will come back to you. You've been doing excellent so far.", Alhaitham said.

Kaveh tried remembering what he had learnt about the question Alhaitham asked him.
His mind was completely blank.

Tears started to roll down Kaveh's cheeks.
Alhaitham gasped.
„ You don't have to cry, Kaveh. It's gonna be ok.", Alhaitham said.
„ I learnt so hard and I'm clearly unprepared.", Kaveh said as he started to cry more.

Alhaitham pulled Kaveh closer and hugged him tightly. He kissed his cheek and rubbed his back.
„ Kaveh, you've worked so hard on this. It's normal to get overwhelmed, especially because this exam means so much to you. But you're doing so good.", Alhaitham said, „ You know what? Let's get away from work and just relax a bit. After that, we can go back to studying. You'll be less overwhelmed then."

Kaveh wiped his tears away.
„ Thank you so much. What would I do without you?", Kaveh cried.

Alhaitham and Kaveh both lay down on the couch. Kaveh lay on Alhaitham's chest, and Alhaitham covered both of them in a cozy blanket. They both put on TV to see what they could watch.

„ Any particular movie you wanna watch?", Alhaitham said.
„ Just put anything on. I don't really mind what we watch.", Kaveh said.

Alhaitham turned on a random channel where the show "Friends" was showing. Both of them watched it, not really paying attention to what was happening in the show. Kaveh was just happy to be with his boyfriend, as well as Alhaitham was.

An hour had passed.
„ I think we can go back to learning.", Kaveh said. Alhaitham smiled as he turned off the TV.
„ Remember, if your mind goes blank again, don't get overwhelmed. I believe in you.", Alhaitham said as he pecked his boyfriend's lips.
Kaveh turned red.

Both of them studied again. Kaveh was a lot less overwhelmed, and the information he had forgotten earlier had come back to him.
An hour later, they both had finished studying. Kaveh had got everything right.

Alhaitham hugged his boyfriend tightly.
„ I'm so proud of you.", he said, „ Tomorrow, you're gonna do so good I know it."
They both lay on the bed and hugged each other tightly.

„ Thank you so much Hayi.", Kaveh said blushing.

Alhaitham turned red.
„ Hayi?", Alhaitham gasped, „ That was the nickname you had for me to tease me when we were kids and hated each other. I wouldn't have thought you remembered that."

Kaveh laughed.
„ I think Hayi is a cute nickname, so I'm calling you that from now on.", Kaveh said. Alhaitham rolled his eyes and laughed.
„ By the way, on Saturday, I'm definitely bringing you on a date.", Alhaitham said.

Kaveh smiled.
„ How nice, Hayi.", Kaveh said teasing Alhaitham, „ Where are we going?"
„ Uhhh...a surprise.", Alhaitham laughed. In reality, he had no idea where to bring Kaveh on a date.

But he was going to think of somewhere.