13: Plan

The next day, Kaveh knew he had to speak to Layla without Alhaitham overhearing anything. He needed help from her how to ask Alhaitham out, so that their fake relationship would finally come to an end and they could start dating for real.

As Kaveh and Alhaitham were on their way, Kaveh opened his mouth.

„ Hey Alhaitham, would you mind if I had lunch with Layla today?", Kaveh nervously asked.

Alhaitham felt his heart dropped.

What if Kaveh liked Layla?

„ Oh...sure.", Alhaitham said,
„ But can't I eat with her too? I don't mind being there, even if I don't know her so well."

Kaveh took a deep breath.
„ I would normally say yes.", Kaveh said, „ But not today. Layla and I are talking about something private. I'm sorry, it's just for today. Tomorrow we can have lunch together, I promise."

Alhaitham sighed.
„ I will eat with Cyno and Nari today then.", he said in a sad tone.

Once it was lunch time, Alhaitham walked with a sad expression over to Cyno and Tighnari.
„ Alhaitham, why the sad face?", Cyno asked, „ Or should I say-!"
„ Cyno, don't you dare make a joke.", Tighnari growled as he shoved his boyfriend, „ Alhaitham is sad and by making a joke, you will NOT be cheering him up."

Alhaitham sat down at the table.
He saw Kaveh and Layla together on their own at a different table.

He felt hurt.

„ Ok, why are you sad?", Cyno asked, „ And shouldn't you be eating with Kaveh?"
„ Why would he care about me not eating with him?", Alhaitham growled as he aggressively picked up pasta with his fork.

Cyno looked over and saw Layla with Kaveh.
„ Oh, I see what this is about. You're sad about Kaveh talking to her.", Cyno said, „ Trust me, he does NOT like her that way."
„ He did not want me eating with them.", Alhaitham said, „ He's never been like this. He ALWAYS lets me eat with his friends. But not with Layla. He definitely likes her."

„ Aw, come here.", Tighnari said.
Cyno and Tighnari hugged Alhaitham tightly.
„ It's gonna be ok. I'm sure you're just overthinking this.", Cyno said.

Tighnari knew that Kaveh talking to Layla meant that Kaveh was actually going to ask Alhaitham out.
But of course, Tighnari had to keep his mouth shut, or else the surprise would be ruined.

After lunch, Alhaitham and Kaveh had a lecture together.

As they sat down, Kaveh opened his mouth.
„ By the way, is it ok if you go home without me today?", Kaveh asked.

Alhaitham felt his heart drop more.
„ Oh. Why?", he asked as he stared at Kaveh.

„ Layla and I wanted to spend time together. We haven't seen each other since 10th grade.", Kaveh said.

The real reason why they were hanging out was because Kaveh was buying a gift for Alhaitham that he was going to give when confessing his feelings to him.

Alhaitham felt angry and upset. He felt that Kaveh liked Layla.
„ Fine. I'll go home...without you.", Alhaitham said in a cold tone.

The rest of the lecture, Alhaitham didn't say a word to Kaveh.
He was too hurt.

Once lectures ended for the day, Kaveh went outside to meet Layla.
„ Thansk for helping me out, by the way.", Kaveh said, „ I hope he will say yes."
„ He sure will. I saw the way he looked at you at lucnh the other day.", Layla said, „ He's head over heels in love with you."

Kaveh smiled as he started to walk towards the city with Layla.
„ It's good you're such an expert when it comes to romance.", Kaveh laughed.

„ Yesh, especially the fact that I'm aromantic.", Layla laughed.

Kaveh's eyes opened widely.
„ I had no idea you were aromatic.", he gasped. Layla smiled.
„ Actually, when we dated, and we kissed, I never felt anything. I dated one other person after you, and I felt nothing when they kissed me.", Layla said, „ Turns out I'm aromantic."

Kaveh smiled.
„ I'm happy you figured out what you are.", Kaveh said. Layla smiled.

A few minutes later, they both arrived in the city.

Their first stop was to go to a jewelry store. Layla told Kaveh that he should buy Alhaitham some jewelry.
But since Kaveh was quite broke, he said he would go to a cheap jewelry store to buy jewelry he could afford.

Kaveh and Layla arrived at Claire's.
„ Claire's? Seriously?", Layla laughed.
„ If Alhaitham truly likes me, he will accept anything I buy from Claire's.", Kaveh said as he walked into Claire's.

As Kaveh was looking around, he saw cute, fox earings.
„ He will love these.", Kaveh said smiling.

Kaveh's favorite animals were foxes, so he assumed Alhaitham would like foxes as well.

Afterwards, Layla and Kaveh headed off to a local supermarket. Kaveh bought a small chocolate box of heart shaped chocolates for Alhaitham.

The final stop was a flower shop.
Kaveh bought a boquet of red roses, since red was the color of romance.

Kaveh walked outside with Layla, holding all of the gifts.
„ Oh my gosh, thank you so much Layla. You helped me so much.", he said smiling, „ When I go home, I will confess. I hope he says yes. I like him so much."
„ He will say yes. I know he will.", Layla said.

Kaveh wrapped his arms around Layla to thank her for helping him.

But little did Kaveh know that Alhaitham was standing a few meters away from Kaveh and Layla, who were hugging tightly.

His heart shattered into millions of pieces.

Kaveh was hugging Kayla...with a bouquet of flowers, earrings and heart shaped chocolates in his hands.

„ He must have asked Layla to be his girlfriend.", Alhaitham thought to himself.
He ran off as fast as he could, while tears ran down his cheek.