23

August 28, 2018
Tuesday
Marshall's POV: I stepped into the studio seeing Paul and Greg sitting down near the soundboard, beginning to play the new album before I was releasing it. I leaned in the doorway and watched them, Greg bobbing his head. "How does it sound?" I asked walking in and shutting the door. Greg smiled and then looked over at Paul.

"I think it sounds great. You did a good job on this one Em." Paul smiled and Greg nodded in agreement.

"Yeah It sounds awesome, it'll be interesting to see what people will be saying," Greg commented. I nodded, my hands going into my pockets,

"They'll probably be some type of backlash on this album. I'm calling out everyone." I chuckled." Paul rolled his eyes,

"You always are calling people out Marshall." Paul chuckled and I smirked. I looked over at Greg seeing he was on his phone, typing a long message.

"Hey Greg, are you and Diane planning on doing anything tomorrow?" I asked sitting down at the sound table. His eyes met mine, he shifted nervously in his seat,

"Not that I know of, why what's up?" He asked fiddling with his hands.

"Well since I'm releasing the album Thursday, I was planning on having a small release party at my place, just listening to the album. You and Diane are invited. There'll be a few people there, not many." I replied, "Just wanted to give you the option if you would like to join."

He gave me a small smile, "I will talk to Diane. I know I would love to join, I'll see what she says." He stood up grabbing a few papers, "I'll text you and let you know."

I smiled and nodded, "No problem. Just let me know. Have a good day." I watched him leave the room and Paul glared at me shaking his head,

"You're inviting them to just see Diane aren't you?"

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "No, I just think it would be nice to have them there." I turned around in my chair facing away from his glare.

"Marshall I'm not stupid, I know what you're doing." He sighed sitting down next to me. "Don't stir the pot."

"I'm not, I just wanted to invite them." I stood up grabbing my jacket. "This has nothing to do with Diane, I promise you Paul."

"I'll believe it when I see it." He commented. I sighed and grabbed my keys, not even saying goodbye. And with that, I headed home.
——-
Wednesday
August 29, 2018
4 PM

I walked downstairs seeing Lexi finishing up deviled eggs she made as appetizers for tonight. I smiled seeing her in a red long-sleeve bodycon dress, fitting her shape perfectly. I smirked, biting my lip softly. Her eyes met mine and she giggled,

"You hungry?" She smirked.

I chuckled and walked toward her, "I'm not hungry for food... I'm hungry for different things." I whispered, coming behind her and holding her close to me. She hummed softly and stopped, turning around to face me. She ran her hands down my long sleeve shirt, tracing her fingers down towards my abdomen. Overall, we've been better since we haven't been fighting much, we don't discuss anything about Diane, or her job. She still works but only on weekdays. So she's not around Diane. When I told her Diane was coming to the party, she wasn't too excited but she took it with a grain of salt.

"So, what time is everyone showing up?" She asked kissing my cheek gently. I smiled, my hands sliding down her waist.

"Royce and Porter will be here soon. Hailie might come over later tonight, Paul will be here around 5. Greg and Diane, approximately 6. I just told everyone to come whenever." I replied, moving a strand of her behind her ear. "You okay?"