𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

The first few classes of the day came and went, and Casey must've memorized your schedule while she had it.  How did you know this?  Because after every class, she'd be waiting right outside the classroom door, ready to lead you in the direction of the next place you needed to be.

When you and Randy made your exit from Mr. Hendler's class, you were pleased to see that the two were already acquainted.  You were nervous you'd have to deal with the problem of 'the only two friends you have hate each other's guts.'  Not to mention: you were surprised you had managed to make two friends at all.  You were socially awkward, and terrified of new people.  Maybe you felt more calmer because they interacted with you first?  Or maybe you were just so desperate to not feel so alone in a new place?

Well, either way, your lunch hour had arrived, and true to form, Casey was waiting outside the class.

"I've got good news, and bad news," she said immediately after she saw you.  "I managed to get my schedule changed around so we have more classes together, but we don't have first period together anymore."

"Wait, why would they change what we already have together if that was the end goal," you questioned.

"Some of the electives I have are only in the afternoon, so when they switched around my schedule, they wanted to make sure that I still got the classes I wanted while having enough credits to graduate," she explained.  "And since English Lit is around all day, I have to take that in the morning now."

"Oh.  Wait, why did you change your schedule around?  You've only known me for a few hours," you pointed out.

"Well, I don't want a fellow classmate getting lost.  This place can be a bit of a maze," Casey giggled.  "Besides, you're nice.  Now hurry up, I'm hungry!"

She grabbed your hand and swept you away, yet again forcing you into the violent raging sea of students, and reminding the author of how many times they've compared the hallways to something nautical.  Casey expertly navigated through the small gaps between bodies, and you somehow managed to keep up with her as she made her way through the madness.

Soon enough she managed to make her way outside, and you followed, not wanting to be left behind.  She began making her way over to a fountain, which had a few wooden picnic tables scattered around it.  They were in good condition, and you figured they were new.  There were already a few other people there, two boys, two girls, and... and Randy!  Hell yeah, not only were your only two friends acquainted, there was a chance they were good friends! 

Casey went and sat down on the lap of one of the boys at the table, and you just kinda stood there awkwardly, unsure of what to do.

"Hey guys, this is (y/n)," Casey introduced.  "(y/n), these are the guys."

"Hi," you said quietly.

There were a few 'hello's here and there, and you were suddenly panicked beyond belief.  Ah, here it was.  That dreaded social anxiety.  It was as if all of your fears and terrors were amplified, as if you could tell that these people were judging you.  They were staring, not saying anything.  Oh god, why wouldn't they say anything?

You could feel tears welling up in your eyes, and the noises around you began to sound messed up, as if you were hearing them from underwater.  Casey offered you a warm smile, and stood up, and moved to stand next to you.  She draped her arm over your shoulder, and then pointed at the boy who's lap she had been on.

"That's Stu, and if you couldn't tell, he's my boyfriend," she began.  "That's Billy, and the girl sitting next to him is Sidney, those two are dating.  And across from her is Tatum, and next to her is Randy, but you two have already met."

"It's a pleasure to meet you (y/n)," Sidney smiled.

"It's nice to meet you to," you replied quietly.

You wanted to talk like a normal person, you desperately did.  But it was like... in a situation like this, you could barely force any sound out.  No one could hear you.

"Hey, are you okay," Billy asked.  "You don't look to hot."

"Oh, they're probably fine," Stu answered.

"I don't know man..." Tatum trailed off.  "Looks like their having a panic attack or somethin'..."

Why were you suddenly so scared now?  You just wanted the ground to open up and swallow you whole.  Petrified and unsure of what else you could do, you just ducked out from under her arm and walked back inside the school.  You weren't really thinking, you just wanted to get away.  And so, you did.  It was probably a decision you would regret later, but for now, it worked.  You could hear the group shouting behind you, calling for you to come back, but you ignored them.

Getting away from people and avoiding as much social interaction as possible for the rest of the day seemed like a good plan.  This brought a smile to your face.  You knew Casey's new schedule wasn't effective till tomorrow, so hopefully, you'd have your shit together by then.