𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

Casey had showed you where the local ice cream parlor was, so there you both sat, doing what the author's grandfather did in an effort to lift your spirits after the trial.  You both had fries and a vanilla milkshake, and were making a beautiful mix of salty and sweet by dipping the fries in the shake like a sauce.

"So, did you... see anything?  With Mrs. Prescott," she asked.

"No.  They just needed me to give the statement and do the trial stuff since I was there before they removed the body."

"Oh.  Are you okay about all this?"

"I mean... I don't know?  I mean, I feel bad, sure, but I never knew Mrs. Prescott, so I'm also not filled with grief and rage and shit," you answered.

"Just figured I'd ask.  You seem... out of it."

"That's cause I'm trying to remember something," you told her.  "There was something I needed to tell you, but Randy was begging me not to.  It was really important.  I'm sorry I can't remember."

"It's fine.  There's actually something I needed to tell you," Casey admitted.  "But I need you to help keep it a secret, because it could tear our friendgroup apart."

"Okay..."

"I haven't been fully honest with Stu.  But I think he knows."

"What haven't you been honest about," you inquired hesitantly.

"I've... I've been sleeping with Steve Orth.  Almost every weekend."

Your jaw hit must've hit the floor.  Casey didn't seem like the type of person to act like that, but here she was, admitting to it.

"I know this is a really bad time, but I just remembered what I wanted to say," you began.  "Randy told me that Tatum told him that Stu was debating leaving you.  I had the chance to tell you at school, but I was nervous Tatum was just trying to cause drama."

And with that, you slapped down a 5 dollar bill down, and stood up to leave.

"Please don't tell Stu," Casey called.

Oh, like hell you'd be doing that.  There's a difference between something that's probably a rumor, and an admittance of guilt to an action that you felt had no excuse.  But, you also felt like you would pop with all this grapevine bullshit.  And poor Sidney, Monday was going to be Hell for her after this.

You began making your way to the Blockbuster, knowing Randy would probably know where Stu was.  Luckily for you, once you entered the local video store, you quickly found the kid you needed in the horror section, talking to Randy.  You quickly made your way inside, and towards the two boys.

"Hey (y/n), what are you doing here," Randy asked.

"I need to talk to Stu.  In private," you told them.

Stu started wiggling his eyebrows, and Randy sighed.

"It's not like that," you quickly said.  "It's really not like that."

Randy started walking towards the desk, and Stu turned so that he was extremely close to you.  He seemed a little too close for a man in a relationship, but you shrugged it off since you were a bit busy with telling him a reason he might wanna end that relationship.

"So, you needed me," he asked with a smirk.

"Casey's cheating on you."

"What?"

"Casey's cheating on you," you repeated.  "She just told me so herself."

"Ha ha, funny.  If you wanted to get with me, you could've just asked y'know."

"No, I'm serious.  She just told me she's been sleeping with Steve Orth," you deadpanned.  "She said she's been seeing him almost every weekend."

"Wait a sec... wait... oh.  Oh.  Oh my fucking god..."

"I'll just... go talk to Randy," you said, beginning to walk towards the desk.

You saw saw Randy staring at you both, wondering what you could've said to make Stu reel like that.  He was normally a fun loving dude who never frowned.  Now, he looked angry as fuck.  You had broke his friend, now he wanted to know how.

"Hey, what did you say to him," Randy questioned.

"I don't think that's my place to say," you stated.  "Please tell me about your day.  Even if it's boring, I want to know every detail.  I need a distraction."

"Well, I've got bad news for you, because I've had a very eventful day.  I watched someone almost cause a car crash.  Then they almost killed me trying not to hit the other car."

"You're kidding."

"Nope."

Before you two could continue, someone grabbed your shoulders very harshly.

"Come with me," Stu demanded.

Before you could argue or retaliate, he dragged you right out the front entrance of the store.

"What the hell are you doing," you tried to ask.

But Stu didn't reply.  He just continued to pull you along.  He lead you right down the street, then turned and pushed you in to a furniture store.  He lead you to the back corner of the new building, concealed by shelves upon shelves of soft looking blankets and pillows.

"What the fuck man?!"

"What did Casey tell you," he interrogated, his tone frightening you.

"What do you mean, I just told you what she told me?!"

"Did she say why she's sleeping with him?!"

"No, she just told me that she's been sleeping with Steve, and she asked me not to tell you!"

"Then why did you tell me?"

"I felt bad, okay," you said.  "If my significant other was screwing someone else behind my back, I'd like to know!"

Stu hesitated, and it looked like he was thoroughly questioning what he was going to say next.  Which was strange, since in the week or so you had known him, he had always just said what was on his mind.  It was like he had no social filters.  Oh my god, you really did break him.

"Oh my fucking god," he muttered.

That was all?  It looked like he had been really contemplating something, and then all you got was 'oh my fucking god?'  Not going to lie, you were really underwhelmed.

"Are you okay dude," you asked gently.

"I just found out that my girlfriend has been sleeping with another dude, what do you think?!"

"Sorry!  I'm just trying to be polite!"

Stu sighed, rubbed his eyes tiredly, then grabbed a random pillow off one of the shelves very violently.  He held it up to his face, then screamed as loud as he could into it.  The pillow was quite good at muffling the sound, but you were still just stuck there awkwardly.  Stu removed the pillow, then looked at you.

"You know, I'd gladly sleep with you behind Casey's back~"

"Nope, nope, no, no, no no no no no, I'm going home."

You turned on your heel and quickly made your way out of the store.  Jesus Christ, when was that man not horny?  Even as he was told tragic news, all he wanted was someone to fuck.  God, you needed to distract yourself.

Re-watching 'Halloween' and feasting upon candy (and inevitably staying up past 3 a.m. in the process) sounded real good right about now.