ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

You knocked on Sidney's door, and surprisingly, it was Mr. Prescott who answered.

"Oh, hello (y/n)!  What a pleasant surprise!  What are you doing here," he asked.

"I'm here to drop off a gift for Sidney," you answered.  "Is she home?"

"Yep, she's up in her room.  I'm actually leaving for a business meeting soon, so I'll be out of town for a few days.  It was nice of you to swing by, I can give you a proper farewell," he chuckled.

He stepped to the side and let you inside, and you made your way upstairs towards your friend's room.  You gently knocked on the door, and heard Sidney shout 'just a moment.'  Seconds later, the door was opened, and you were welcomed into Sidney's bedroom.

"So, what's up (y/n)," she greeted.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay.  It's getting close to... that.  Just wanted to make sure you weren't going to pull a reverse Pamela Vorhees on me," you joked.

"Don't worry, I don't think I could kill anyone, even if my life depended on it."

"Not even that media anchor?  'Cause if you don't do it, I gladly will," you told her.

"Not even Gale.  She's just looking for a story where there isn't one."

"You're too kind.  She can kiss my fucking ass."

"Hey!"

"Wait a sec, before you got mad at me, I got you something," you said, quickly pulling out the movie.

"You didn't..." she trailed off, reaching for the tape.  "You... no (y/n), you didn't-"

"I did, and you're going to take this whether you like it or not," you stated, shoving the tape into her hands.

"Even Billy hasn't done something like this," she admitted.

"Well, he's an ass.  Scratch that, he's pretty decent, he just doesn't know the full extent he has it being able to be blessed by your presence."

"You flatter me.  And you just got out of work, right?"

"Yeah... how'd you know that?  Only Randy knows my schedule."

"You're still in your uniform," she said, pointing at the Blockbuster logo on your shirt.

"Oh yeah," you sighed.

"So, that means you still have homework to do!  What are you still doing here, get going," she pointed out, shoving you out of her room.

You shook your head and smiled.  She'd always been the mom of the group.  You made your way across the street to your house (but not before wishing Mr. Prescott luck at his meeting), and went to hunker down at the dining room table to finish the homework Sidney was so nervous about.

That was, until the phone started ringing.  You grumbled as you stood up to go answer it, and held it up to your ear.

"Hello," you asked, trying to sound enthusiastic.

"Hey (y/n)."

"Catherine?  How'd you get this number," you interrogated.

"Stu gave it to me.  And call me Casey, you know I don't like Catherine."

"Sorry, after you spread rumors about me and gave me the title 'bearer of bad news,' I stopped thinking I could call you a nickname," you sassed.  "And since when were you and Stu on speaking terms?  Since when were you and I on speaking terms?"

"Look, it doesn't matter," she told you.  "I was wondering if you wanted to come to my house and watch a movie tonight."

"Why?"