𝕋𝕖𝕟

You walked into the house, your dad sitting on the couch.

"I didn't expect you to spend so much time with... with friends," he said, sounding surprised.

"Hello to you too," you greeted.

"When you said you had been making friends, I didn't realize how many you meant, and that you made them that quickly.  I'm happy for you kiddo, I really am."

"Great, so, will you watch this movie with me?  A friend recommended it."

"And what's it called?"

"'Tourist Trap,'" you answered.

"Oh hell no!  I've seen that movie, the people get turned into dolls," he shouted.

"Mannequins, actually," you corrected.

"Well, your new friend recommended it, right?  Talk to them about that spooky stuff, not me."

And with that, the man jumped up from his spot on the couch and disappeared up the steps, retreating into his room.  You smiled, and made your way to the VHS player, and stuffed the tape in.  You groaned as you realized the last person didn't rewind.  Asshole... Well, it at least gave you some time to go make popcorn, have a real nice time while you watched this.

You finished with your movie snack and made your way back to the living room, only to see movement outside.  You went to the window to check, and saw Billy Loomis crawling out of a window from the mansion across the street.  You ran to the door, and made your way outside as quietly as possible.  If you were gonna get a pre show show, you were gonna get the best seat possible.

You sat down on the front steps, watching as Billy struggled to get down from the second floor window, with... with Sidney in the room he was trying to get out of, talking to him, and giggling at his failures.  Since when did she live across the street?  Didn't matter, what mattered was Billy trying to grab on to a storm drain, and not being able to hold up his own weight.

You watched as Billy collapsed, falling right into a string of bushes that wrapped around the house.  Sidney leaned out of her window, and started begging her boyfriend to respond as she asked if he was okay.  He popped up, and tried to get out of the shrubbery.  You were now laughing, the idea of bodily harm that could've been caused by the fall. 

You watched as Billy and Sidney were shouting back and forth to each other, and decided to make your way back inside to watch your movie.  Maybe if you were in a relationship with someone and they were falling out of your window, you'd manage to give a crap.  But it wasn't your s/o, and it wasn't your window, so you were gonna make fun of other people's pain.

Sitting down on the couch, you were pleased that you had spent so long outside the tape had time to finish rewinding.  You grabbed your popcorn and kicked your feet up on the coffee table.  Dad wasn't around, he couldn't get you to follow the rules.  You watched, and could understand why Randy like the movie.

The movie finished, and you did like it.  It wasn't a cinematic masterpiece, but it was better than a lot of other movies, so credit where credit is due.  Although, you also weren't entirely focused on the movie. 

Sidney lived across the street!  And Billy hit the fucking deck, and you were still highly amused by it.  You made your way to the kitchen to wash the popcorn bowl, and started to wash the dish.  Your head snapped up, and you looked out the window over the sink.  You could've sworn you saw movement outside.  You peered through the glass, looking for anything.

But you couldn't find anything.  So, you finished with the popcorn bowl.

But you thought you saw something a second time.  You looked again, but couldn't find anything, or anyone.  So, you set the bowl down in the sink, and grabbed a knife from the knife block.  You hesitantly made your way towards the back door, keeping your eyes on every window you passed.

You exited the house, and looked around, holding the knife close to you.  You were ready to defend yourself by any means necessary.  You still couldn't find anything, so you took a deep breath, and made your way over to the kitchen window.  You were going to find whatever you saw, you wouldn't be able to fall asleep later otherwise.  And while tomorrow was a Friday, you still had one more day of school before the weekend.

You crept over to where you thought you saw something the first time, and began to investigate.  But there was nothing, not even a footprint.  You shook your head, and sighed, realizing you had managed to scare yourself into thinking there was someone here.  You lowered the knife and hurried inside, just wanting to crawl into bed.  You were done with today.  You were done with socializing, watching your friends make out, and the fucking paranoia.  You just wanted sleep.

A/n: I WATCHED HELLBOY FOR THE FIRST TIME AND HATED IT.   The movie itself was good, don't get me wrong, but in the last half our, it would buffer every two god damn minutes.  AT THE CLIMAX OF THE MOVIE, IT STARTED BUFFERING AT THE PEAK OF TENSION.  GOD DAMN IT.  But you got a chapter out of me trying to work through my frustration, so I guess it wasn't all bad.