The things I don't want to do

"Are you serious!? I honestly don't care if you want me to help in the weekly cleanup crap, I'm trying to draw here!" Paulie let out a hiss and looked up from her sketchpad at the three doctors before her who looked rather....nervous. "Paulie...your eyes are very helpful..the fact that your top eyes don't blink saves many lives..." One doctor stammered, he was pale skinned, grey hair, a thin beard on his chin. This guy had survived a lot of weekly cleanups and all that, so needless to say he was using everything he had to save people from dying, he had seen a lot of crap in his days...both from the statue and from the death of his fellow cleanup teammates. Paulie was rather important to him, her top eyes were functional but they never moved or blinked but they had sight, this was probably a result of her being a hybrid, it brought a whole new meaning to "keep your eyes open at all times" because she was able to, and it never bothered her. When she was asleep, awake, all the time. "Look, I get that you want my help, but can't you use the eye pods today? I'm working on commissions!" She huffed, staring back at her computer. She was also given internet access and a proper room, she could see her dad at any time but it was best to give her a proper dwelling space. "Er....Paulie, the eye pods are on break, we used them last time...ugh, I guess.." He sighed, and walked out of the room. "Heh, bad attitude helps again." She snorted, and then looked up at the roof for a second. She...didn't want to be here. She saw what normal humans looked like, anime humans, all kinds of humans, humans like her mom... and reptiles like herself through the internet, she understood how crappy the world was too, it wasn't fun, wasn't nice. But it was nicer than in here. She saw pictures of all kinds of places... Canada, the USA...Japan...Africa, jungles...all kinds of beauty, she wanted to be there. She saw videos of people living in proper homes with their own lives, it was all great for them, they could crunch the leaves under their feet in Autumn and jump in a lake in the summer, have snowball fights in the winter... pick flowers in spring, go shopping, all the things she couldn't do. She sighed and just went back to her art, she was surprisingly good but was stuck with an anime style, it wasn't like she was going to be going to a "college" anyways, they would deny that in an instant. If it wasn't for her goddamn skin color, tail, spines and freaking eyes she could just go there, if only...but she couldn't. Ugh, why did life have to be so restricting here? Her father said he understood but he was here for so long...this was his life, she knew he was out there beforehand but even so...he didn't want to leave, he said they would all remind him of her mother too much, she understood but found it stupid...just...get over it and live. Why is that so hard to do? Just live! "Ugh...forget it, I'm holding this commission off for some time, I'm gonna just stare at photos..." She mumbled, flipping to her images folder and going through a bunch of images of the ocean, there were scp's that came from there too, right? She reached out and touched the screen, and it was at that minute that the power went dead and a containment breach went off. She paused for a moment as her night vision went into effect and then realized something. "...there's a world above this place..." She managed to whisper, and ran and got the best black hoodie she had and one hell of a skirt to hide her tail, and with that she climbed onto the side of the wall and ripped open her vent...the air had to come from somewhere, so that's where she was going to go, up and out. "Ugh... it's noisy in here..." She mumbled, using her claws to navigate through the vents until she heard the noise intensify, there was something in here... She moved closer and closer to the ventilation system and then she found...light. There was light up there. She saw it, the vent system reached up to the surface. She paused for a second, taking in the light and then burst outwards into the land...it was pure...sand. She looked around, there was nothing but a railway around her but....she...she knew that she was up here. She laughed for a second and then smiled, kicking her feet in the sand. "The sky! I can see the sky!" She smiled, letting out a laugh, rolling around in the sand and then she heard the sudden hiss of a horn in the distance....a train. There was a train coming! She saw the films, people riding trains off into safety, she could see it coming! She buried herself in the sand quickly as the conductor car passed by and then burst out, running at top speed towards the train and feeling the wind rush through her hair as she jumped onto an open train car, doing a flip and landing on her feet, digging into the cart with her claws. She took a deep breath of relief and looked out into the distance, she was on a train, moving along.... She smiled and looked around, the train car was a food storage, good, there was a lot of food in here, canned stuff, lots of it. She didn't know where she was going, where she was coming from, but she knew for a fact that this was a new beginning for her.

Paulie awoke to a sudden jolt and opened her two functional eyes, she remember seeing some stuff when she was asleep, all kind of trees, a forest.... she opened her eyes and realize that she was in a small town in the country, she wasn't interested in stopping here though, she preferred to keep going. She walked over to one of the tins of food and picked it up. "Eh..canned beans, nah...canned pork... sure!" She ripped it open with her teeth and ate away at the salty contents in the can, it tasted good and salty, this was really good and salty, her type of food. She sat there for a while...just wondering what to do, when she saw someone running towards the train car, and next thing, she wasn't alone.