Silent on the western front

It was quiet on the train, food was running low, things were getting worse and worse, Paulie was feeling the effects of being watched. Shinto was sitting back and reading a book casually at the moment. He was just being very carefree and didn't seem to care much at all, he just sort of sat there and was reading, whatever book he was absorbed in was surely a good one. He seemingly had stowed away plenty of books on his own, keeping them all in his backpack and pulling them out one by one, not to mention a lot of hand cream to deal with the dry dry pages of the books. "This is a pretty good book too you know, I mean look at it! Come on paulie, quit being so down and just get with the program!" He laughed, she looked at him and managed a fake smile of some sort, then took her attention back to the door of the train car, she could see the humanoid figure watching them.... Mal0 was near, and he was here to get back Paulie and bring her home... but why were they using him? She just didn't understand why they were using such means to take her down, it was like they were trying to eradicate her somehow, like she was a beast of some sort, it was so wrong, so disgusting. She didn't know what to do... Then again, she was a beast after all. Just a killer. The daughter of a beast. Her mother must have been ashamed of her. She watched as the skull headed beast chased the train, watching them with a close eye... But she felt as if he had been closer before this. She didn't know why or how, but she felt like he had been so close before, like he had been right there at one point, like he was just watching, keeping such a close eye on her, like a growing obsession, the two eyes that would never close on her head knew the truth, but she refused to accept it for herself. Denial was the stronger feeling over what she saw, that was her sin, her true power, to simply watch time pass and let the world go by while she denied anything that could hurt her, she had no interest in being realistic, she just wanted to live.

There was a sudden rocking feeling across the train and Shinto jumped. "W-what the heck was that?" Paulie stood up in a panic and froze, this was going to be something bad.. she knew it, she felt it in her bones. The train was rocked again and it suddenly derailed. Mal0 jumped back in a panic and Paulie grabbed Shinto and pulled him out of the train and launched into the air, there was a massive explosion, she felt her scales singe behind her in a painful char. She let out a yell and fell to the ground with shinto in her arms, rolling down the hill and into the water on the sides of the train tracks in the ditch, the two fell deep into the water and it was all silent for a moment.

For too long.

Paulie rose to the surface and looked around, they had fallen into the river, shinto was heavy, he was... too heavy. "Shinto?" His body was limp, he wasn't moving, he wasn't breathing... "Shinto! Shinto!" She screamed, shaking her head but he wouldn't move, he just lay there dormant, he was.. no... dead. "Shinto.. shinto..." SHe shook her head hard and let out a sob, this wasn't fair... it just wasn't fair... She saw that mal0 was watching from the shore, and she screamed out. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" there was the sound of flames and bodies falling into the water, and she realized what she had to do.

She had to learn to return to reality, she needed his help. She kicked her legs hard, moving towards the shore at a high speed, she crawled to the land and then Pulled shinto ashore, she sobbed hard and hugged his body, taking deep heavy breaths of denial and suffering, she reached down to his face and kissed him on the lips, she breathed air into his lungs, but nothing worked, he was dead. Gone. Mal0 reached out for Paulie, he wanted to comfort her, he wanted to do something for her but nothing that he could do would help. She sobbed and looked at him, and then shook her head.

"Look away." She whimpered, she knew that she had to honor his body. Mal0 sighed and knew what she was going to do. He turned around and heard the sickening crunch of his bones and the squish of his flesh as she started to consume him, using his body for one final purpose....