Someone else's memories

Something was wrong. This wasn't the living space she fell asleep in.

"SCP 682, if you continue to retaliate, we will be forced to end this test and incapacitate you."

The voice over the speaker was explosively loud, something more like screeching metal than a human voice. She had a headache, she wasn't okay. Something was very wrong.

She tried to lift move her arms, realizing that they were chained tightly into place, making basic movement nearly impossible. Her four eyes adjusted, vision clearing, she was... in her father's enclosure. He was nowhere to be found. Just her in the big, barren room. She was far too small for it, it made her feel like a rat or any other kind of small rodent.

Her feet stung, she was able to move her head down enough to see that there was a small layer of acid flooding the room, her toes were already mostly gone, bone visible through searing skin, her regeneration prolonging the process and making it hurt all the more.

"SCP 682, Confirm that you are going to cooperate or we will have to end this test."

She looked up, she couldn't see any faces, but the voice was vaguely familiar. A female voice, one she swore she heard in recordings, it gave her a horrible, vile feeling in the pit of her stomach. The kind that you feel when thinking about death, the kind when you think about the fact that you one day, are going to not exist.

"SCP 682, this is your last warning." The voice got louder through the speaker that she couldn't see, she winced, and looked up to the light of the observatory above. She realized then, through the pain, that she was being called 682, not 682-b. Had something happened while she was asleep? What was this?

"Wait! What's going on!? I'm listening, please, don't!"

There was a pause, then the voice continued. It made her sick, anxiety choking her senses.

"682, we have given you a chance, and you are clearly not prepared to take it. Commencing flood."

"CAN'T YOU HEAR ME?!" She screamed in desperation as the sickening creaks of large vents filled the room, a tidal wave of acid flooding into the space at a violent rate.

"NO! NO!" She wailed, thrashing against the chains that refused to break no matter how hard she moved. The acid rushed towards her, the rest of her body beginning to burn with an inhumane sting.

Then it overtook her completely, her lungs filling with acid as it went over her head, the pain like nothing she had ever felt before. Her throat screamed, her lungs twitched, her entire existence reduced to nothing but agony. This is it. This was it. It's over. It's over. Im so sorry dad. I'm sorry. Please don't-

Was that 106?

Her eyes opened to a dark nothingness.

Paulie sat up, body shaking, covered in a layer of cold sweat, anxiety through the roof. She couldn't breathe right, she felt like she had walked through hell. Her eyes adjusted to the room, remembering where she was and slowly but surely began to come to her senses.

She remembered Darren, she remembered the meeting and where she was now. With her night vision finally adjusted, she saw that nothing was out of place, and heard the light snoring of Darren coming from the top bunk. She closed her bottom eyes, lowering her head and gripping her blanket. She rolled onto her side and wrapped her tail tightly around her leg, hugging her second pillow tightly.

Everything was fine. She was going to be fine. Tomorrow would be another day. It was a dream, a very strange dream. Thinking about it now that she was awake, it felt like a dream.

She found that she became exhausted very quickly, and fell into a dreamless sleep.