Part 62 - Mehendi

Mehendi was applied on MaNan's hands. Manik looked towards Nandini smiling. All he could think at that time was that the soft and pure hearted girl sitting there was his bride and soon she would be His Wife. And for him she was the most beautiful girl on this planet and would be his Princess just like she was for her dad. In such little time she had made room in his family's heart and had already become a member of their family. He felt Lucky. Nandini saw him looking at her and asked through her eyes if something happened but he nodded and gave her the most beautiful and genuine smile. He was happy with all his heart.

Ragini - (on Mic) This performance is for world's best Sister and Daughter, My Di!!! I have grown up copying you and trying to be just like you. That grace, sensitivity, intelligence and strength that you carry is impossible to achieve yet i try every day too. Though we have separate rooms yet i don't remember when I last slept in mine. (Everyone smiled. Nandini had tears in her eyes but a smile too on her lips.) Di I Love You and this one is for you.

Ragini - (with moist eyes was singing while a slide show played on the projector just beside her of their all the pictures since childhood)

Phoolon Ka Taron Ka. Sabka Kehna Hai
Ek Hazaron Mein Meri Behna Hai
Sari Umar, Hume Sang Rehna Hai

Jaldi Meri Aankhon Se Ho Jayegi Tu Door
Tab Se Sare Jeevan Ke Sapne Ho Jayenge Choor
Aankhon Mein Neend Na Mann Mein Chaina Hai
Ek Hazaron Mein Meri Behna Hai

(Ragini wiped her tears and continued singing after taking a short pause since she was crying)

Dekho Hum Tu Dono Hai Ek Daali Ke Phool
Main Na Bhoolungi Tujhko, Tu Bhi Naa Jaana Mujhko Bhool,
Aa Mere Paas Aa, Keh Jo Kehna Hai
Ek Hazaron Mein Meri Behnaa hai

(By now Nandini couldn't control her tears)

Bholi-Bhali Jaapani Gudiya Jaisi Tu
Pyaari Pyaari Jadoo Ki Pudiya Jaisi Tu
Daddy Ka, Mummy Ka, Sabka Kehna Hai
Ek Hazaron Mein Meri Behna Hai
Sari Umar, Hume Sang Rehna Hai

(She ran to Nandini and hugged her. Both the sisters cried in each other's embrace. By now every one in the audience had tears. Raj placed his hand on Manish's shoulder to console him.)

Ragini wiped Nandini's tears. By now Nandini's 1/4th hand was done with Mehendi and Manik's 1 hand since he applied mehendi on only palm section.

Ragini - moving forward with the function next are mom and dad.

Swarna-

Navrai majhi laadachi ladachi ga
Avad hila chandrachi chandrachi ga
Navrai majhi navsaachee navsaachee ga
Apsara jashi indrachi indrachi ga

(Taking off evil eye from nandini)

Manish-

Navrai majhi laadachi laadachi ga
Avad hila chandrachi chandrachi ga
Navrai majhi navsaachee navsaachee ga
Apsara jashi indrachi indrachi ga

(Lifting her chin and kissing her forehead)

Swarna -

Navrai chali sharmaati ghabraati woh
Piya ke ghar ithlaati balkhaati woh,
Surmai naina chalkaati chalkaati woh,
Piya ke ghar bharmaati, sakuchati woh!