Part 66 - Reception

MaNan were on the door. The entire Malhotra Mansion was decorated like a bride all thanks to Manik's extended family who had taken the flight right after the phere. Nyonika and Raj entered the gate. All preparations were already done. Nyonika placed the kalash filled with rice on the entrance. She also placed Nandini's chunard on her head, does their Aarti and applies tilak. MaNan took her blessings. Nandini lifted her saree lightly showing her beautiful payal and kicked the kalash slowly with her right leg spilling the rice. She then dipped her legs in a thaal which had Alta in it. Manik holds her hand and she moves forward to the temple in their house leaving imprints of her foot. They take blessings from God and then all the elders.

Mukti - okay okay ab games timeee!!!!

Cabir - yes and Aisa mujhe aunty ne btaya (indicating nyonika) ke joh iss game mein jeetega ussiki chalegi zindagi bhar. So it's a very important game. You can say it's a do or die.

Everyone laughed and settled down while the arrangements were done. The game was - 'finding the ring'. A big thaal was placed in front of MaNan with water mixed with milk and rose petals. Nyonika hid the ring somewhere inside it. Both were trying to find it while people were cheering for them. Manik finally found it smiling and showed it to everyone. Cabir, Mukti, Erica Harshad, Nyonika and others were on his side while Alia, Raj, Laksh and others were on her side. His side was very happy. Manik saw Nandini who looked upset.

Laksh - koi nahi Bhabhiii next game hum hi jeetenge.

Next round.

They tried to search the ring and finally Nandini found it. The happiness was clearly visible not just on her face but her eyes too and this made Manik happy too though he faked sadness for others.

Laksh- yeahhhhhh!!!!

Nyonika- guys relax! Ek final round hai yeh joh jeeta woh proper winner hai.

Final Round

This time Manik held Nandini's hand inside the thaal shocking her. She tried to remove it from his hold without making it very obvious to everyone but failed while he smirked and she faked a smile to everyone. Manik finally slid the ring in her hand making her smile to the fullest. She removed and showed the ring to everyone making Laksh and Raj jump. She also was too happy. Her happiness knew no boundaries and she hugged Laksh and Raj. This did not go well with the older ladies like Manik's grandmothers and bhuas. But others really loved her gesture.

Nandini - (happily) dad main Jeet gayi...

This statement made Raj a bit emotional as hearing it made him feel like definitely his daughter, which he wanted for so long, was talking to him.

Raj - (happily) haa mere bacche (and he blessed her)

This time Manik couldn't fake sadness as seeing Nandini so happy made him smile automatically. He did not mind losing if this would be her reaction.

Nyonika - chalo ab lunch karlo sab.

And they all settled on the dinning table. Manik was about to take the first bite but stopped and forwarded it to Nandini, which made her happy.

Everyone - awwwwww

Nandini felt shy hearing it. So Raj came to rescue.

Raj - bhai main bhi apni beti ko khilaunga.

And he forwarded a bite to her, then laksh followed and finally Nyonika making her extremely happy.

It was indeed a warm welcome to the family.

Everyone had their lunch laughing and smiling.

Nyonika - yeh sab hasi mazak bohot ho gya. (To nandini) beta thoda rest karlo fir parlour waali aati hi hogi, reception ke liye tumhe ready karne.