opposites attract; m.sn

Female Reader
Idk what Sana looked like as a babie, so yeah...

A 12 year old girl who goes by the name of Fujimori Y/N walked alone at the playground. Her mother, quite worried, watched after her at a nearby table. This child was peculiar, never really mingling with other kids, nor speaking more than 10 words in a sentence.

Y/N stared longingly at the children who laughed and played. She never felt as if she belonged. She always felt different. Perhaps it was because of her mismatched eyes.

Whenever the young girl approached someone her age, they gawked at her in shock, before running away to their mothers, crying.

Whenever she looked at one a second too long, they screamed at her, calling her names like 'freak' and 'weirdo'.

The parents did nothing to stop their children, however, for they were also staring transfixed.

This was because Y/N was born with a condition called heterochromia. Her left eye was green, while the left was blue. Although these colors were beautiful, they weren't the same, nor normal, and that's what made people avoid her.

The name calling was also what led her to be a silent child. She was born at the start of spring, and at a young age she was a giggling, curious child, blabbering anything and everything. But her first interaction with a boy at 5 changed everything. The boy took one look at her and started crying. She tried to approach him and ask what was wrong, but that only led to the boy crying harder.

Now, Y/N was 12, sitting sadly on the swings. She had learned at an early age to keep her words to herself and hide her feelings, much to the dismay of her parents.

She hung her head, kicking the little pebbles and wishing time would go faster so that her mother would take her home, and she can have solace in books.

To her surprise, however, a shadow stood over her. She looked up curiously, not expecting what she saw next. A brown-haired girl around her age was staring at her, not in the amazed way everyone else did, but with eyes filled with curiosity. Her smile was blinding, and she did not look away, even when their eyes met.

"Hi! I'm Sana." She said, taking her place on the other swing. Y/N was aware of the other kids staring at them, wanting to approach Sana but not wanting to get closer to Y/N. "Hi.." she whispered, not wanting to let the opportunity to talk to someone go. "I'm Y/N."

Sana giggled. "You're very quiet." Proving her right, the ravenette stayed silent. "I'm going to guess you're 12 too. I was born on December! You?" 

"April..."

"Wow, so you're a spring child then! What do you like to do?"

A little annoyed at the girl's talkativeness, but not wanting to scare her off either, Y/N replied a little reluctantly. "I read."

"Oh, really! I like to sing. Dance too, I guess. Do you like Harry Potter?" the spring child nodded. "Ooh! I like it too!" Sana squealed excitedly.

The two girls talked the rest of the afternoon, although Sana did most of the speaking. Y/N's mother, who was happy her daughter found a friend, approached them. "Y/N, I'm sorry, but we have to go home."

The said girl walked to her mother, sending her new friend a small wave. "Bye.."

"Bye bye Y/N!"

Unfortunately, that small interaction was the last they would have for a long time, the reason being Y/N moving to Korea only a week later.

3 years later...

"Y/N-ah!" The girl's friend, Jeongyeon, called the ravenette sitting on a low tree branch. "Did you hear there are going to be new students?"