attention; m.mn

Female Reader

"Baby, I'm home!" Mina cheerfully announced, dropping her bag and waiting for you to jump into her arms. To her disappointment, only silence welcomed her, your smiling face nowhere in sight.

She slipped off her shoes carefully, eyebrows furrowed and a frown on her lips. "Baby?" she tried again.

Her feet padded through the hallway silently, her eyes darting left and right, trying to find a glimpse of you. Once she reached your shared room, she heard voices.

"Shut up! Don't tell her," you giggled, causing Mina's face to brighten. But she was confused. Were you talking to someone?

"Y/N," she called softly, pushing open the door to find you wrapped up in your blanket while on the phone. Her smile widened when she saw the one on your face.

You glanced at her and waved briefly before going back to your phone. "Hey! Hurry up! I thought you were coming here?"

Mina climbed into the bed beside you, reaching out her arms to give you a hug. But you pulled away. "Love?" she pouted.

"I'm out the door," the phone - I mean, Sana - said. You jumped off from bed and rushed to the door, leaving Mina scowling with her arms crossed.

You welcomed your friend with a huge smile and a big hug, closely watched by your girlfriend who rolled her eyes.

"Oh, hi Mina!" Sana greeted. She received a short nod from the younger, who attempted to wrap you in a hug before you moved away once again.

The next 30 minutes passed by with you excitedly talking to your friend who you haven't seen in a while, and a jealous penguin scoffing and grumbling from time to time.

Sana could feel the glares digging holes in the back of her head. She tried to communicate with you silently, but your hands moved enthusiastically and she couldn't find the right moment to send you a signal.

She felt like burning. If looks could kill, the '96 liner would be 6 feet under right now. Standing up abruptly, she apologized to you. "Y/N, I'm so sorry, but I have to go. We can meet sometime else."

You pouted sadly but shrugged. "Okay. Maybe tomorrow."

"Sure. Bye, Mina!"

Humming, you moved to wash the dishes you had used while talking with Sana. Of course you knew Mina was home, but you assumed she'd gone to play games or something, since you didn't see her after Sana left.

However, you were proved wrong when you felt someone's hot breath hitting your neck and a pair of hands rest on your shoulders.

"Did you have fun with Sana, darling?" Mina mumbled lowly, sending shivers down your spine. Not getting the hint, you nodded. "Yeah! I haven't been able to talk to her face to face in a while."

"So you're happy with her?" her lips brushed against your neck, and your hold on the plate faltered.

"I mean, we're friends so.."

Mina's lips found their way to your ear, breathing gently against it. "Maybe you have more fun with her than with me?"

"What? No way! What made you think that?"

"When I came..." Mina's hands traveled down and tightly gripped your hips. "You didn't greet me, baby. Was Sana keeping you busy?"

You finally understood. She was jealous. Once you rinsed your hands, you turned to look at her. "Min-"

You didn't get the chance to look at her face, because her lips roughly crashed onto yours. Your breath hitched when she placed her arms under your legs and lifted you up, placing you on the counter. Her right hand hooked under your chin and pulled you closer.

If this was how she reacted, you weren't complaining.

Her tongue poked out for a tease, making you whine when she pulled away and trailed her lips down your neck instead. "You know not to ignore me," she hummed against your skin, making you sigh.

"I understand you haven't seen her in a while but it seemed as if I wasn't even there," she kissed your jaw.

And just like that, her confidence was gone. "Does she make you happier than I do?" she whispered, the twinkle in her eye gone, instead replaced by insecurity and tears threatening to spill. 

You panicked, hurriedly slipping down the counter and pulling her into a hug. "Oh shit, oh no. No, no, no. Of course not! She makes me happy, Mina, but not as much as you do, okay?"

You pulled away to hold eye contact with her. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I'm the luckiest girl in the world to be able to call you mine. You make me happy when you're simply around me. I love everything about you - your eyes, your smile, your moles, your personality, your talent, and especially that big, caring heart of gold you have. Never worry that you'll lose me, okay? You're the only one for me. Never forget that, because

"I" - you pecked her forehead - "love" - peck - "you." - peck.

Mina smiled, pulling you into another embrace. "I'm so glad I have you."

"Oh, baby," you chuckled. "Trust me. I'm luckier."

"But," she started, "what did you mean when you said 'don't tell her' earlier?"

Your eyes widened. You didn't know she heard that. "I, um... planned something."

"What something?"

"I... okay, fine. I was.. going to take you out tonight, for your birthday. The girls helped me prepare it, but I guess you know now. Sana actually came because we were going to talk about it, but you came home early unexpectedly, so.."

Mina grinned and kissed you briefly. "Sorry I got jealous. I appreciate it, really. Let's get ready, then?"

"Let's!"

_________________________________________

Happy Birthday to our precious baby penguin! Continue to shine bright, reach for the sky and touch the stars. Live a long, happy, healthy life. We love you, Mina! :))

셍일축하해, 미나리!