defying fate; i.ny

Neutral Reader

It was hard to fall in love when you were in the middle of a war.

It was even harder when the woman you fell in love with was the daughter of your father's enemy.

And worse, when so many factors forced you apart.

One, you were from warring families.

Two, you were a normal citizen, and she was a noble.

And three, she didn't harbor the same feelings.

Or so you thought.

You fought fiercely with Nayeon, fists determined to draw blood from her pretty face. Your lips were cracked and dry, your skin coated with sweat and grime. Labored panting escaped your lips, chest heaving. Heavy footsteps slammed against the battered soil as you escaped from the raging battle, Nayeon hot on your trail with an unsheathed knife clutched in her hand.

You raced through houses and flying insults from your father to hers, searching for a secluded area where you can hide.

You spotted a hill, far away enough from the two families where you could rest and catch your breath.

Climbing the hill hurriedly, you ignored the stinging pain from your cut-filled hand and shredded shirt.

Once you reached the top, you scanned the vicinity and were about to sit when a figure charged at you and pushed you down, blade pointing at your heart. Alarmed, you stretched out your arms to hold her wrists. Both of you wrestled, one desperate to cause pain and the other struggling to protect herself.  Nayeon caught you by surprise and pushed you down, swiftly resting the blade against your carotid artery.

"Hey," you rasped out. "careful, now. It's not fair that you've got a weapon and I have none."

"The world isn't fair," Nayeon spat. She straddled you as you lay defenseless on the ground, holding your hands in place above your head. She glared at you, anticipating your next move. You greedily took in her features. The stray strands of hair sticking to her damp forehead, tongue poking out in concentration, furrowed eyebrows and charming eyes staring deeply into yours. Reaching up to brush a stray lock of hair behind her ear, you let your lips curve up into a slight smile.

"I give up," you sighed, relaxing your body.

Giggling, Nayeon set you free and collapsed beside you, knife rolling a safe distance away.

The moon had tucked the sun to bed, taking its place and glowing at both of your faces. The stars weren't there for company tonight, so the sky was darker than usual. You could hear the faint screams coming from the village, hoping against hope that your father didn't do anything rash.

I'm sorry I left you, but I need some time alone.

"Hey," the girl beside you whispered, running a thumb along your lower lip and wiping off the dirt. "They'll be okay."

Nayeon's eyes traveled down to your leg, where a gash in your pants exposed a bloody knee. "Oh, goodness," she panicked. "Was this me? What do I do, what do I do?"

She fumbled at the hem of her shirt, successfully ripping off some cloth and tenderly wrapping it around your injured limb. You stared at the scarlet-stained grass as she worked on you, mind working nonstop, filled with thoughts of random things.

She's cute when she's worried.

"There," she said triumphantly, grinning and showing off her characteristic teeth. You smiled back, enjoying the silence that followed.

The bunny girl broke it with a question. "If I asked you something, would you answer it truthfully?"

You hummed. "Of course."

"If you died tomorrow, would you be able to say you're satisfied?" She didn't elaborate, but you understood. Are you happy lying in your bed tonight, knowing you might not be there the next day? Would you be able to say, confidently, that you've fulfilled your heart's desire?

You thought carefully. You detected the seriousness laced in her voice, and decided to answer wholeheartedly. "I'd say yes. I've lived. I've lived a lot, actually."

"What? But you only live once!"

"You only die once," you corrected. "But yes. I can say I'm satisfied. I've experienced joy and despair. I've felt pain and comfort. I know what it's like to love and be loved."

"I wish I could say the same," Nayeon muttered.

"What do you mean?"

"I'd rather be a lover than a fighter. I've been hiding for too long, restraining myself for so long, I'm tired. I feel like a coward because I'm too scared to do what I most want to."

"Then do it," you said simply.

"It's not that easy."

"Still. Do it."

"Why?"

"Because if you died tomorrow, then you'd be sad." You two were touching shoulders now. Nayeon scooted even closer, her breath tickling your nose. Her eyes silently asked for permission. You tilted your head as a sign of approval, and she leaned in, claiming your lips with hers.

Your lips fit together with a perfect rhythm. Soft and slow, innocent, even. She pulled back after a quick second, making sure you were okay with it before diving in again. 

You met her eagerly half-way, crashing your lips harshly onto hers into a wet kiss. She moved to hover over you, trapping you in between her legs and desperate for your attention. It was no longer a chaste kiss. Your cold hands slithered under her shirt and traced patterns on her soft skin, causing her to gasp. Her hands found their way to the back of your neck, playing with your hair.

You could feel the way she shivered underneath your touch, your hands roaming and exploring every part of her body as your tongue darted out to tease. A quiet moan escaped her mouth and made you grip her waist firmly.

Her scent was the only thing entering your nostrils, intoxicating you and making you greedy for more. Her warmth was in contrast to the soft breeze that came. Your ears were filled with the soft noises of pleasure Nayeon made.

You broke it for a moment to catch your breath and went back, feeling the atmosphere get hotter and the tension between the two of you get thicker. Your mind was clouded with bliss and euphoria, finally doing something you've been dreaming of for so long.

Your hands slid down to rest on her thighs, her fingers accidentally tugging at your hair, prompting you to let out a soft gasp. You stopped, but only to trail kisses along Nayeon's throat, making her breath hitch and let out a whine, grabbing your shoulders desperately. "Fuck, don't stop," she breathed.

Reaching a certain spot, you gently bit down, releasing another moan from the girl on top of you. You pulled away to hold eye contact with her. Seeing the disappointment and betrayal in her eyes, you smirked. "Let's take this somewhere more private, shall we?"

__________________________

AAAAAA I SWEAR IM HOLY🙈

-Iza