love for sale; y.jy

Female Reader
gwapo ni jeong 😳^

Day 1

Finally! Your first ever job.

You stared in awe at the large sign overhead. It alerted people that a convenience store was under it, waiting with open arms for people who needed something. And this was the store you were going to be working in starting today!

An older man smiled at you at the front door, beckoning you inside. You straightened your uniform and stepped in, determined to do well on your first day.

"Hello, Jeongyeon," he greeted the girl behind the counter, who sent him a small smile. You waved shyly, but she only regarded you with a nod.

"Alright. Y/N?"

"Yes, JYP-nim?" you asked, standing straight. He laughed. "Ah, just call me sir. Jeongyeon here will be your tutor, okay? She'll teach you the basics, maybe she can give you some tips too."

"Okay."

"I'll leave you two. Have fun, but not too much fun!" He exited, probably to head into his office.

Jeongyeon approached you, offering a hand. "How old are you?"

"25."

"I'm older, then. Call me Jeongyeon-unnie or simply unnie. I'll give you a tour, then you can start by refilling Aisle 3. We're out of chocolates."

"Got it!" You saluted, and your mentor nodded.

Week 1

You noticed Jeongyeon didn't talk much. But you thought it was because she's always worked alone until now, so it was a part of her habit. You didn't speak much, too. What are you supposed to say to your senior? 'Wow, look, there's a bird on the tree!' Not very interesting.

She didn't smile much, either. When you entered, she only waved without looking up from her phone, and when she had to talk to you, her face was void of emotion.

It was because of this that you strived to work hard. You wanted to make her proud of you and make her smile once.

You've finished all your duties so far. Tapping your fingers on the table in boredom, your eyes wandered around the room, landing on the box of chips on the trolley. Peeking at Jeongyeon from the corner of your eye, you walked towards it unnoticed.

You pushed it to aisle 7, fixed the ladder to reach the topmost shelf (you were quite short), and unboxed the package.

It had been going well. There were only a couple more packets of chips left in the bag. You were holding one in each hand, discovering that the empty spot was a bit farther from the ladder.

You reached out, straining to put the packets there. But something went wrong. Maybe you leaned too far because the ladder started to lean backward.

You were falling, and there was nothing to hold on to.

Goodbye world, you thought; what a stupid way to die.

You screwed your eyes shut and braced yourself for impact, but it never came. Instead, a pair of strong arms wrapped around your shoulders and waist, stopping you from becoming a bloody stain on the floor.

You opened your eyes and found yourself face-to-face with Jeongyeon.

Your face flushed. Hastily removing yourself from her, you bowed profusely. "I'm sorry, unnie! I only wanted to help."

Jeongyeon placed a hand on your shoulder, stopping you from snapping your spine in half. "I told you to leave it to me, didn't I? But it's alright. I appreciate your effort. You're new after all. Just make sure to do as your senior says next time, okay?"