lips like wine; m.mn

Female Reader

"H-hey, Y/N?" Mina shyly called you, hiding her hands in the long sleeves of her dress. The two of you were sitting under a huge Weeping Willow tree, basket of bread and fruits laid out on the checkered mat beneath you.

You had told your parents that you were going out for a picnic, just two little girls having fun together. They didn't mind, oblivious to your true intentions.

"Yeah?" you asked, looking up from your novel and at the girl whose head was laid on your shoulder.

You were weak for Mina. Her soft voice makes you want to wrap her up in a hug, her innocent touch makes you melt into her, her sharp stare drowning you in their soft brown hue. Anything she said you would do like an obedient puppy, no matter what you were doing or where you were.

She drives you crazy with the way she treats you.

"You know the wedding is creeping nearer..."

But, she was not yours.

She was betrothed to your brother, and in just a couple of weeks she would be called his bride.

Sure, you wanted her to have your last name, but not in this way.

She didn't even know what you felt for her.

Your smile was wiped off, replaced with a scowl. You scoffed and looked back at your novel, determined to ignore her. "Do you want to rub it in? I already know."

"Y/N! I need your help."

"And how will I help you? How to hold the flowers properly?"

Mina huffed and stood up annoyedly, pulling up her dress and stomping off to the other side. "Never mind. You're so annoying, Y/N!"

A chuckle slipped past your lips and entered her ears, followed by a sigh. "You know I'd do anything for you Mina... what do you need help with?"

"Can you.." Her face turned beet red. "Can you teach me how to ki-kiss?"

The book fell from your hands in surprise. "I'm sorry, what? Why do you- why would you-?"

She waved her hands frantically and fanned her face. "No, no, forget it! I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-!"

Your warm hand landed on her shoulder, stopping her from rambling on. "It's okay, Minari. But.. why?"

"I-I.. well, you know, we'll have to do it eventually..." If possible, her face turned even redder. "I just don't want to disappoint him, you know?"

Your heart clenched at those words. The jealousy bubbling at the pit of your stomach made you want to puke, but you forced on a smile. "And you want me to help you?"

"I mean, I'm most comfortable with you.."

"Mina, I'm a girl."

"I know that."

Her glare met your hesitant eyes, almost as if she was challenging you. Your gaze dropped to her lips a couple of times, and you couldn't deny the fact that you wanted to feel them against yours.

Her plump, pink lips drew you in, teasing you when her tongue peeked out and ran over them.

You pursed your lips and sighed once more. "Come here."

Mina excitedly scooted over to your side, staring at you expectantly. You ran a hand through your hair and beckoned her closer. "Sit on my lap."

She blushed again. "W-what?"

"I.. It's more comfortable like that. We don't have to hold ourselves up or- or something."

She did as you asked, sitting in the middle of your crossed legs and wrapping her arms around your neck. "U-uhm.. what do I do next?"

You were red too. At your close proximity, your heart started beating a thousand beats per minute and your breaths came out ragged. You took in the beauty in front of you, scanning her beauty marks and the subtle pout of her lips. Your eyes stopped at those, before looking back into Mina's eyes again when she cleared her throat.

"Kiss me."

"Wh- Aren't you supposed to tell me how?!"

"Kiss me first. I'll help you on the way."

You were suddenly embarrassed when you realized what you said. You scratched your non-itchy nape and looked away, but you were met instead by a pair of soft lips crashing into your own.

Your eyes widened as you hurriedly circled your arms around her petite waist. Realizing what was happening, you closed your eyes and responded eagerly, poking your tongue out for a taste. Mina let out a muffled gasp before pulling you closer, her finger tangled in your hair.

You could feel your heart about to explode from the bliss, so you pulled away. "I think you're good eno-" you started, but you were brought back to Mina's intoxicating lips. Your mind was clouded with euphoria, and you just wanted to stay in this moment forever. Mina's hand crawled up to your jaw, gripping it tightly and making you smirk into the kiss.

Teasingly, you bit her lower lip, making her sigh out. "Mm, Y/N~" she let out, making you become conscious of the situation you're in.

"I-I think you're okay," you stuttered, gently pushing her off and standing, dusting off your pants. You noticed the evident frown on her face. "What?"

"Why did you stop?"

"You only said you wanted me to teach you. And you're good, so.." You trailed off when she started walking towards you. With every step she took, you took two back, until you were pushed up against the tree's trunk.

"Y/N, I don't think you understand."

You gave a fake laugh. "I think I understand, Mina. You want to learn how to kiss him, right? It's that simple."

"No, it's not that simple. Y/N, I don't think you realize I love you."

"We can't.. you're getting married in two weeks.." you said miserably, hiding your face in your hands. Warm fingers tenderly pried them off, allowing you to focus on the angel in front of you.

"I'll do whatever I can to cancel it," she whispered, caressing your cheek. "Because you're the one I truly want to be with."