the world doesn't have to understand; p.jh

Female Reader

It's been a couple of months since you and Jihyo broke up. You were devastated. Of course you didn't want to leave her, you just didn't want her career to be thrown away. She's worked for it for years, and you can't let a single moment ruin everything for her.

However it only made it harder because you were her make-up artist, which meant you had to see her often. Those moments were filled with her desperate eyes and your avoidant gaze, awkward tension between you.

There were evident dark circles under your eyes. You haven't been getting proper sleep nowadays because of the missing warmth beside you. Your body craved for Jihyo's comforting touch again but you know that you can't.

You and her were in the greenroom for an award show, her nervously playing with her fingers and you adding some last minute touches to her make-up. You watched as she walked on-stage, bombarded by flashing lights and loud voices throwing questions at her and her members. Being the leader, she was the one to answer most questions.

Until one question surprised her. "So, Jihyo!" A reporter yelled out. "Since you're so busy these days, is there a particular person you want to see very badly?"

Jihyo seemed to take a long time to think about this. "Yes, actually," she replied, her observant eyes searching the crowd for your face for some sort of reassurance.

Her eyes met yours for a brief second before you looked away.

"I.."

She hesitated for a moment.

And then...

"I miss my.. my girlfriend."

Loud gasps echoed throughout the venue, journalists and reporters hurriedly writing on their notebooks. The cameramen excitedly zoomed in on her only to find her face wet with tears as she sniffled, looking for you again.

The other members were smiling widely, clapping quietly or else patting Jihyo on the back.

The manager groaned in frustration. This interview was live, and thousands, possibly even millions were watching. Millions of fans and non-fans had seen the moment with their very eyes, had heard those words come out of her lips real time.

Your eyes were wide, noting the fact that she said 'girlfriend' and not 'ex-girlfriend."

It's not as if you were complaining, though.

Jihyo continued, re-filled by courage from your surprised but hopeful expression. "We.. um, we're not on good terms right now. But I want her to know I still love her so much, even if the world won't accept us. I miss you." She stared right into your eyes as she said those words.

~~~~~~~~~~

Jihyo was back in the producer's office, having a yelling match with him.

"Jihyo! Do you know what you've just done to your career? Do you even care about your reputation?!"

"I'm sorry, sir, but I'm not letting go of someone so important to me like that!"

"So your job is not important? You've been working for this your whole life!"

"I don't care if the fans throw hate at me."

"What about your members?!"

The door flew open when the producer's assistant rushed in, clutching an iPad to his chest. "Sir! Sir, you have to see this." She practically shoved the device into the producer's face, and his eyes were met with the bold words of headlines once again.

But they weren't negative.

"Jihyo speaks out about her girlfriend."

"TWICE'S Jihyo confirms dating scandals in today's interview!"

"ONCEs and K-Nets alike applaud Jihyo's courage to reveal her relationship with a woman!"

The producer half-glared at Jihyo. "Fine. You may go now. But I don't want any more articles on.. you two."

You were waiting outside the door, and when Jihyo exited, you immediately pulled her into a hug. She let out a surprised gasp but wrapped her arms around you securely. You stayed like that for a couple of seconds before you pulled away, tears threatening to fall out from your eyes.

"You're so pretty," you whispered, greedily taking in the features that you were deprived of for months. She sent you a watery smile and tucked a strand of your hair behind your ear. "I missed you so much,

Y/N, be mine again?"

"I never stopped being yours."

__________________________________

a/n: this photo makes me feel things

I'M KIDDING HAHAHAHA

i'll be fr

ma'am.