5.

The next morning I walk into the kitchen to see Beth making breakfast and Leah sitting at the kitchen island.
"Morning" I say walking into the kitchen and over to Beth.
"Morning" Beth says side hugging me, "do you want me to make you some eggs?"
"Yes please!"
"Alright, coming right up."
I smile at her and then sit down next to Leah.
"Did you sleep at all last night?" She asks me.
"Yeah, a bit. I'm really sorry for that. You have a game today and now you'll be exhausted just because I was ranting to you."
"It's ok, honestly. I'm always here to help."
"You sure?"
"Sure."
We smile at each other and then Beth serves me my eggs. We all eat and then we get dressed. I change into my academy kit, but I'm sure they'll give me proper arsenal kit when I'm there. We finish getting ready and then drive to the stadium.

When we get there we walk into the changing rooms and Leah and Beth help me find my locker/cubby.
"I've found it!" Beth says from the other side of the room. I walk over to her and just smile at the sight before me. It's always been my dream to play for arsenal since I was a little girl, and now I have my own space in the changing rooms with my own name on it. It's crazy to me.

Jonas told me I'm not playing because I need to settle in more and train with the girls. But he still wanted me to come and experience the game. Even though I'm not playing, there is still an arsenal shirt with Lewis on the back of it hanging up in my cubby. Below it, there is also a little stack of clothes - all my new arsenal kit. I pick up a zip top and hold it out in front of me. Obviously it's the same kit I had in the academy, but it has number 4 on it and it just looks so new and fresh.
"you gunna change into it or just stare at it?" Beth says laughing.
"right sorry" I say laughing too.
"aw give the girl a break, she's just taking it all in" Leah says laughing slightly.
"exactly!" I say laughing.
Then I actually change into my kit and throw my hair up into a messy bun. Then Leah explains to me what the plan is for today.
"Okay, so obviously your not playing, but you can still warm up with us on the pitch and be on the subs bench and things like that. Jonas just really wants you to settle into the team and into the routine of things. sound good?"
"yep! sounds great" I say smiling at her.
"ok cool. kick off is midday so we'll probably head out onto the pitch to warm up at like 11 ish. so you've a little bit off time but not much."
I check the time on my phone quickly. I have half an hour.

I just sit on my phone for a bit but someone walks up to me and sits down next to me.
"Hi, sorry I don't think we've properly met, I'm Kim little the captain." She says in her Scottish accent.
"Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Ellie."
"Nice to meet you too." She says hugging me. "You excited?"
"Yeah, this has been my absolute dream since I was a  little girl. I think it will really sink in when I actually play though."
"Yeah I'm sure. Well if you ever have any issues or questions or need help you can come to me." She says smiling kindly.
"Ok, thank you. And good luck"
"Thanks" Kim says before standing up and walking off.

Some of the girls leave to do a lap around the pitch so I decide to go with them.
"You alright?" Leah says putting her arm around my shoulders.
I nod my head. "I'm happy."
Leah looks at me with a wide, toothy grin and tightens her grip around me.

I walk in a small group of girls consisting of Leah, Beth, Viv, Jen, Steph and Rafa - although I'm mainly walking with Leah and Rafa.
"So you play international football as well?" Rafa asks me.
"Yeah, I play for the England u19s, but apparently I might be moving up to u21s."
"I thought you were 18?"
"Yeah I am."
"That's impressive." She says smiling at me. "Where are you staying now, since I'm assuming you moved?"
"Yeah I did, I'm living with Leah and Beth in their apartment."
"You know it's your apartment now too, right?" Leah says looking at me a bit confused.
"Yeah, I guess. That's just sounds mental."
Leah laughs lightly and then says, "we should invite some girls over so everyone can get to know you a bit."
"Yeah, okay!" I say trying to sound excited. Don't get me wrong, I know it'll be loads of fun and I'd get to know the girls way easier, it's just I'm not too fond of the idea of having to introduce myself to that many people at once.

As we keep walking Rafa goes off to talk to someone else and as soon as she leaves Leah turns and looks at me.
"We don't have to invite everyone over if you don't want to. It's completely up to you."
Rafa may have been fooled by my response but Leah clearly wasn't.
"Oh, um, I don't really mind."
"Ellie, honestly. If your not comfortable with it then that's totally ok, we don't have to do it."
"Im not sure." I say looking down at the ground. "Sorry."
"That's absolutely ok, just let me know what you want to do when you've decided but no rush." Leah quickly hugs me and then we carry on walking.

It's weird, I've only properly known Leah a few days but she just seems to understand me so much. I think it's because she knows how I feel as we are quite similar. Even though I haven't known her long, I can already tell Leah is going to be like a big sister to me.