34.

Whilst we are chilling in the players lounge I notice Jordan stand up and walk into the changing rooms. This is my chance to talk to her.

"Hey I'll be back in a sec okay?" I say to Gio who I'm sitting at a table with.

"Where are you going?"

"To talk to Jordan. I won't be long."

"Okay, good luck." I kiss her quickly and then make my way to the changing rooms.

"Hi Jordan. Can we talk?" I say slowly entering the room and sitting down.

"Sure." She says sitting down next to me.

"So this morning, what happened? You completely stood Leah up."

"What do you mean?"

"Jordan come on, don't act dumb. You arranged to meet her for coffee and then you never showed. Care to explain?"

"I don't know what your talking about. I never arranged anything with Leah."

"Yes you did! I literally have text proof of it. Are you going to explain yourself or not because other wise I don't want to waste my time talking to you."

"I honestly don't remember texting Leah. Listen, last night I had some of my mates round and we had a few drinks"

"Oh for fucks sake Jordan. So did you mean anything you said?!"

"I don't know, I don't know what I said."

"You told her you miss her and you still love her."

"Shit."

"Oh my god I can't believe you. So you didn't mean any of it, you were just completely pissed?"

"Yeah, kind of. I don't know, I really can't remember much."

"Well clearly! I actually can't believe you right now, as if breaking Leah's heart once wasn't enough you just had to do it one more time. All because you couldn't control yourself when you were wasted with your mates."

"I'm sorry okay I really am. But I have to go, I'll see you tomorrow." She quickly gathers her things mad then leaves, not saying another word.

I stand in the room alone for a moment, processing the information and the fact that I now have to go and tell Leah all of this.

I walk back to the cafeteria and notice Leah sitting at a table with Rafa so I walk over.

"Hey, can I speak to you?" I say fiddling with my fingers.

"Yeah course, everything okay?"

"Uh, just come with me." I take Leah's hand and lead her back to the changing rooms where Jordan and I just were, I'm only taking her here because I know it's empty. And we need some privacy right now.

"I just had a chat with Jordan."

Leah's face immediately drops. "Oh, uh, okay. Well what did she say?"

"She was drunk when she sent the messages. She said she didn't even remember sending them she was that drunk. I'm sorry Leah."

"So she didn't mean it? Any of it?"

"No, no she didn't. I'm so sorry, but I had to tell you."

"No yeah I know." She says looking down at her hands in her lap.

"You okay?"

"Yeah" She says quietly, her voice breaking.

I tuck a piece of hair that had fallen in front of her face behind her ear. But when her face is revealed her cheek is stained with tears.

"Come here." I open my arms out for her and pull her closer to me. Leah tucks her head into my neck and let's her tears fall, whilst I wrap my arms around her and hold her as close as I can. "I'm so sorry Le."

"I just thought that this would finally bring us back. I thought we might be able to go back to what we used to be, together and happy. I thought this was finally it. But I guess not."

"Can I be completely honest?"

"Yeah"

"Why do you still want her? She's broken your heart twice now, and she's hurt you repeatedly. You deserve someone so much better than that."

"But...it's Jordan."

"I know, but maybe she isn't the one for you. You don't deserve to be treated like that."

"I don't know. My head is a mess."

"Come on, we don't have any more training sessions today, let's go home."

We gather our things from the changing room and then drive home.

Gio said she will come over but she'll come later.

When we get home we have showers and wash our hair, and get changed into comfier clothes. I put on some joggers and Leah's blue Nike hoodie.

"You still have that jumper?" Leah says laughing slightly as I walk into the living room.

"Yep, and your never getting back." I say also laughing.

"I guessed that."

I head to the kitchen and grab some white bread, butter and ham. I make Leah and I ham sandwiches and I cut up some strawberries to have in the side.

"Lunch is served my lady." I say in a posh accent, passing Leah the plate.

"Why thank you. Ah my fav."

I give her a little wink before picking up my sandwich and beginning to eat. It's the first proper meal I've had in a couple of days, I'm starving.

Leah of course finishes everything on her plate, i manage to eat most of the sandwich and a couple of the strawberries.

"Well done." Leah says picking up on the fact I actually ate something.

"I couldn't finish all of it though."

"That's alright, it's progress."

I nod my head and then take Leah and I plates into the kitchen. But just as I put the plates down I get a call from my mum.

"Hey mum, you okay?"

"Yes I'm doing alright sweetheart. How are you doing?"

"I'm okay, better than I was. How come you rang?"

"Well, it's just about..your fathers funeral."

My heart dropped.

"Oh..uh okay."

"We have date. Next Tuesday."

"Okay hang on." I turn to the calendar hanging up on the wall next to me. "That's the 2nd of March. That's his birthday." I say and tears flood my eyes.

"Yes, yes it is."