36.

I wake up the next morning next to Gio but not next to Leah. I sit up confused.

Gio also starts to stir awake.

"Good morning" she says smiling at me and sitting up next to me.

"Morning baby" I give her a kiss good morning and then get out of the bed. "Have you seen Leah?"

"No, not since last night. Is she not here?"

"She came to me in the middle of the night upset about Jordan but she's disappeared since this morning."

I walk to Leah's bedroom but it's empty, she's not in there either.

But then I make my way into the kitchen and there is a note sitting on the counter.

I'll be back soon, just gone to clear my head. Love you x

It's definitely from Leah, it's her handwriting.

I take a moment to think about where she could be. Then I remember the one place that Leah truly feels like she's at home. The one place she feels at peace.

"G I think I know where she is, I'll be back soon okay? And hopefully with Leah." I say poking my head round my bedroom door.

"Okay, text me when you find her."

"Oh, and can I borrow you car?"

"Yeah sure, keys are by the front door."

"Okay thanks" I say.

I grab my phone, house keys and car keys and then run out of the house and to Gio's car.

The drive only takes about 5 minutes so I quickly arrive and get out the car.

I run into the stadium and walk all the way up the stairs to the top seats.

Leah has always been a proper gooner so the emirates hold a very special place on her heart. It's somewhere she feels safe and at home.

I scan the stands and see Leah sitting in the clock end. I make my way over to her and take a seat next to her.

"Hey, there you are. You okay?"

"Mhm, I needed a minute. You know, just to think and process. How did you know I was here?"

"Come on, die hard gooner, where else would you be?"

"True." She says shrugging..

Leah leans her head on my shoulder and sighs.

"Isn't it the best though? This stadium is just so special." She says, her eyes glistening.

"Yeah it is, it's magical."

We stare out onto pitch for a minute, taking it all in.

"Come on" I say tapping Leah's leg. "Let's go home."

She nods her head and together we walk back to the cars.

Leah drives in her car home and I drive behind her in Gio's.

A while later we arrive at the training ground and we all walk into the players lounge after putting our stuff away in the changing rooms.

"Hiya." Beth says sitting down next to me at a table.

"Hey, you alright?"

"Yeah all good. I wanted to ask you something."

"Sure."

"Would you mind if the team went out for drinks tonight in memory of your dad?"

I think for a moment.

"Yeah, I would like that a lot. Thank you Beth I really appreciate it."

"Course Ellie. Viv and I were talking about it and trying to figure out what to do because we wanted to do something but not make it a huge deal, you know?" She says ranting on.

I put my hand on her shoulder and cut her off. "Beth, slow down. But thank you, that means a lot."

She smiles at me before standing up.

"Viv and I will swing past and pick you, Leah and Gio up at 7 okay?"

"Yep! All good."

"It's just the team so it's chill and it's not like we'll get hammered, well I don't think so but you can never trust Katie."

"Can't blame her though, it's the Irish in her." I say laughing before she turns around and leaves.
____________________________________
A/n: sorry for the short chapter, bit stuck on ideas so if you have any please let me know!