22.

We arrive at the training ground and we pretty much head to training straight away. We put our boots and shin pads on before walking down to the pitch.

We train for 3 ish hours, doing passing, dribbling and shooting drills, before getting into a mini match.

When we are finished we take off our boots and walk back up to the changing rooms to get changed. But it isn't until now that I realise just how tired I actually am. Last night's shenanigans clearly took a toll on me and now I'm struggling to stay awake. I tried to play it off during training, but now I'm shattered.

After what feels like ages, we make it to the changing room. I stuff my boots in the bottom of my cubby and then get changed into grey joggers and another arsenal training shirt. Then I shut my locker and leave the changing room, making my way to the players lounge. I'm starting to know my way around now and I feel like I'm starting to really fit into the team.

I walk into the room to see Leah sitting down on a sofa on the phone to someone. I walk over to the sofa and lie down on it, resting my head on Leah's lap. "Who is it?" I mouth to her.
"My mum, 2 secs" she mouths back. I nod my head. Leah continues talking to her mum and she starts playing with my hair, making little braids and then undoing them again.
"Yeah, hang on I'll ask her now," Leah says before looking down at me. I raise my eyebrows at her. "I'm going round to my mums for dinner later this evening, she was wondering if you wanted to come? You don't have to, just an idea."
"Oh uhh, yeah, that would be nice. Thank you."
"She said yes please and thank you," Leah says down the phone again. "My mum says your always welcome" she then says smiling at me. I smile back at Leah and then turn over so I'm lying on my side, but I'm still using Leah's legs as a pillow. Not long later, Leah says goodbye to her mum and hangs up the phone.
"You okay with going round? Mum said to be there by 5. It will just be me, you, my mum and dad, my brother and my dog."
"I think so, it would be nice to meet your family properly. Thank you." I've met Leah's family at games and stuff but that was very briefly and we hardly spoke to each other.
"No problem." I rub my eyes and lean into Leah more. "Tired?" Leah says chuckling. I nod my head.
"I wasn't too bad this morning but training really took it out of me. I'm exhausted."
"Well we don't have anything for the rest of the day and we've still got ages till we go to my mums. Get some sleep kid."
"But.."
"No Els, you can't be scared to sleep, you can't be scared of him."
"Oh, so Gio told you then?"
"Yeah, she spoke to me before training. Why didn't you tell me about your nightmares?"
"I don't know, I was scared. I didn't want to tell anyone but Gio managed to get it out of me. I'm sorry, I was just...kind of embarrassed." A single tear rolls down my cheek as I finish talking.
"Hey it's okay, don't get upset. Im here, your safe with me. Please get some sleep kiddo, you need it."
"Okay" I say reluctantly, even though I know Leah is right. She always is.

I let my eyes close and I try to fall asleep. But I can't. I turn over, and then turn over again, but it's no use. I try desperately to let my mind go and get some much needed sleep, but I just can't do it.

"Can't sleep?" Leah says sympathetically. I shake my head. Leah twirls my baby hairs in her fingers. "Just try to relax."
"I can't." I say getting frustrated.
"It's alright. I've been playing sudoku on my phone, we can do some together." Leah passes me her phone and we continue the sudoku she was doing.

We spent about 20 minutes completing and contemplating sudokus but I can feel my eyes getting heavy.
"You can sleep kid, I've got you." Leah says clearly noticing my tiredness. I close my eyes and let my mind drift off. But before I do, I feel Leah reach down and kiss my forehead and she continues to play with my hair as I sleep.
____________________________________

a/n: please let me know if you have any suggestions.

also, would you prefer Leah and Ellie's relationship to be like older sister and younger sister or like mother and daughter??